Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Are these ugly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these ugly?

I love flats, but at barely 5' tall, I need a kitten heel.

Would these look good with jeans (I don't need to be too dressy at work) be ok? I spend a lot of time at my desk, but also in the classroom. In purple suede.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2951937?ref ... in=related

Give me your honest opinion.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: Are these ugly?

I am *not* a fashion guru, and I'm too chicken-shit to wear that purple color (I'd get the black if I got those), but I don't think they're ugly!
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I'm no fashion statement either, but they look odd. The buckle seems to casual for the heel if that makes any sense!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
        I'm no fashion statement either, but they look odd. The buckle seems to casual for the heel if that makes any sense!
        I think you're right, Luanne. The buckle and the heel make for a weird combination. The heel should be chunkier or non-existent, but not kitten-y looking.

I guess I'm getting tired of winter, and just want a splash of color.

Comment

Thanks, Lily.
          I am SO short. Are you sure I can pull flats as flat as the Anne Klein ones without looking really stocky?

Comment

Alison it has to do with the cut of the pants a whole lot. Also, if you have something on the top of the shoe like the buckle or something else to draw you eye forward that works well. I wouldn't wear something that was wide legged with flats though. Go with a bootcut or a straight cut. Also you can find flats with a pointed toe to lengthen the leg visually too. But as a girl who is 5'1", and a LOVER of shoes, I say go with the ones you dig and are comfy

Comment

I like Lily's second pair

Comment

I don't issues with that purple, but red is hot. Also agree that the heel was a bit weird. I have a pair of Coach flats with a big buckle up front and stacked heel (about 3/4"), I think something like that would work for you too. Don't worry about your height as long as you're comfortable and the shoes look great.

Comment

Here's what my gay pal says:

Doll,
                  even though they seem conservative, they are very chic and sexy. You would
                  not want to wear them every day, of course, but I think they are super
                  cute. I can imagine you with a pair of these, some slick jeans, and a hot
                  top to hold your sisters (jk). Get em. I want a pair.

He's got a way of making me feel good about myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X