Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Why I love Nordstrom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I love Nordstrom...

I online ordered 4 pairs of shoes, totaling over $350. I was going to return 3 pairs after trying them all on.

Anyway, I tracked the shipment until its arrival, only the front desk at my building didn't have my box. They signed for it, but didn't have it. Dipshits.

I hit the panic Panic Button

So I called Nordstrom thinking OMG, there's no way they're going to be able to do anything about this. My building signed for the order, and that's $350 down the drain.

They said they would.... Get this... Mark it down as lost/stolen and send me a new shipment. No questions asked.

I heart Nordstrom.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: Why I love Nordstrom...

Originally posted by alison
    I heart Nordstrom.

In my case, I got the love from my mom. It didn't matter how little money we had (family of four living on one public school teacher's salary), Nordy's was where we bought shoes, because they would last, and the store would stand behind them, no questions asked. Plus, my mom went to school with the children of the founders, back when it was just a shoe store.

I still remember being a young child and being taken to the basement of the downtown store, full of boxes and banquet tables overflowing with last season's clothes and shoes marked way down. "The rack" before it was ever a separate store.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Yup - you hear people in Seattle reminisce about the days that Nordstrom was a shoe store. And when Eddie Bauer was an outfitter store for expeditions to Alaska. Eddie Bauer makes me want to these days.

I'm disappointed in the Nordstrom Cafe. It used to be cafeteria style. These days, you can't bus your own dishes and they leave a tray at your table in order to leave tip. And salads cost $9.

Keep in mind they only do SOME alterations for free. If the total cost of them exceeds a certain amount, they'll charge you for the difference. No biggy, but I was surprised to see that they wanted $30 on a jacket.

Comment

We went to a large, beautiful Nordstroms recently after a long hiatus and I really think I heard a choir singing in my head. I kid you not. I actually had a "moment."

I thought, THIS is a department store.
        THIS is how all department stores should be.
        Well done.

As a kid we always hit the shoe sales at Nordys prior to the beginning of each school year. It was a tradition. You even got a goofy looking balloon shaped in what used to be their mascot Nordy back then. Fun times.

Here's a little Nordstroms story I have:
        I worked at a Nordstroms when I was right out of college. The store manager was (I believe) a grandson of the first Nordstrom and had the Nordstrom name. He knew everyone's name within the store and was seen frequently saying hi and giving compliments. I eventually quit and later moved back to Seattle.

Many years later with DH and the two kids in tow we were in downtown Seattle for a little holiday shopping and were in line for the outdoor carrousel. We were right behind the man I used to work for (and was probably only ten years my senior) and his family! He remembered my name first and last, where I used to work in his store and even a joke we shared once when he made a mistake and I corrected him in front of a customer without her knowing. He was (and I'm sure still is) a class act.

I heart Nordstroms too.
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I remember the Nordy balloons too!

Good times...

Comment

I didn't grow up near Nordstrom and as a result became a Bloomies girl. The alliance is still hard to shake, since they're so similar I don't see a reason to switch now.

I remember complaining to DH when the 59th street store was changing it's floors layout and I couldn't find anything. He was laughing that he couldn't believe they haven't consulted me prior to starting renovations. I was so upset that I've switched to the Paramus store and never looked back. Mature, I know.

Btw, I also love the ability to bring back whatever, whenever and get back exactly what I paid for it (and not it's current worth) even without a receipt.

Comment

My mom is a chronic check bouncer. Nordy's has been soooo gracious with her. They call her personally, don't charge her any fees, etc., etc. Nordy's is the best.

When I start shopping for myself again I fully intend to shop there.
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I have no self control when there's a sale at Nordy's. But I have pretty silver peep-toe pumps.
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                X