Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stupid Sunday Times - shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Sunday Times - shoes

Damn those are cute! I can't afford the real thing but would love a knock off!
    Kris

Re: Stupid Sunday Times - shoes

These are hot, wonder if they come in 5.5.

Comment

1) I think grommets makes them look funky and aren't necessarily seasonal

2) They don't seem too menswear on the pictures and resemble Maryjanes more than menswear

3) They might be too heavy for cream linen pants, but you might want to try them on together to make sure

With free returns I just might be tempted to try the 6.

Comment

:thud:
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
          :thud:
          I agree!

Lily- these are WOW shoes! I really like them!

My first thought was "ooohhh pretty!"
          My second thought "OUCH!"

There is no way I could wear those all day!!!!!
          ...but we lead different lives.
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*

I can't believe I just ordered 1.5 car payments' worth of shoes.
            I hope your car payments are $20.

I bought a pair of tennis shoes last year for $70. That about made me faint. Oh, and my ballroom shoes. Those were a killer at $80. Other than that, the most I have ever spent on a pair of shoes was $30. Luckily, I had a coupon.

I still haven't worn my $30 shoes. I haven't had the nice occassion to yet. Somehow they just seem off at the baseball field. :huh:

Can I confess that I think those shoes are ugly? Well, that should justify your expense in and of itself. If Heidi, the fashion disaster of the Southeast doesn't like them, they must be hot. Clearly, though, the bunion-inducing, foot controting, sheer agony of wearing shoes like that and their heavy pricetag have nothing to do with my feelings about them though.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Okay, so I had to look up how much they cost. I just don't get it.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
                Can I confess that I think those shoes are ugly? Well, that should justify your expense in and of itself. If Heidi, the fashion disaster of the Southeast doesn't like them, they must be hot. Clearly, though, the bunion-inducing, foot contorting, sheer agony of wearing shoes like that and their heavy pricetag have nothing to do with my feelings about them though.
                You're not alone in your fashion-disaster-ness, Heidi.
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

i did the same thing and almost fell out of my chair.
                  ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies

i did the same thing and almost fell out of my chair.

So, my question is this...when do we get to the point of not thinking twice about this price tag :waiting: ...I mean - we are dawkters wives after all. :>

FWIW - I think the shoes are cute Lily - not sure about their comfort BUT cute nonetheless.
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

So, my question is this...when do we get to the point of not thinking twice about this price tag :waiting: ...I mean - we are dawkters wives after all. :>
                      I would like to go on the record to say that no matter how much money we ever have, I will NEVER spend that kind of money on a pair of shoes. Obviously, I am not a shoe lady and I have lame fashion sense.
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Oh, I could completely lose my mind in the world of clothes and shoes if I had a reason to do so.

However I live in San Antonio (not exactly the fashion capital of anywhere) where it's generally 90+ degrees for 6 months at a time. You wear cloes toes shoes when you're guaranteed to be inside- otherwise you're a sweaty mess with swollen feet.

and, given that I work at a methadone clinic- washable and comfortable is proabably more important!

I think they're cute. I think I'm too old to wear them, but if I were 10 years younger and loaded and had a place to wear them, sure.

J.

Comment

If they're comfortable and go with tons of outfits, I say keep them. I'm all for quality over quantity. Given a choice between free keds and these, I'd pick these any day. Btw, I saw a bag on Bloomies site that matched perfectly and they're having a sale this weekend.

Comment

Wow, just Wow. See I keep telling DH about the life we could be living w/out kids I bet you get to go out for appetizers at 8:00 as well, don't you :waiting: My bank account ends at 0 every month and evening ends at 10:00 maybe 11:00 (even on dates....) What can I say, right now I"m steaming with envy.

Envy will deminish when I get my sloppy kiss and bear hug though when DD wakes up from her nap.

Dawling I do believe you have arrived

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky
                              Wow, just Wow. See I keep telling DH about the life we could be living w/out kids I bet you get to go out for appetizers at 8:00 as well, don't you :waiting: My bank account ends at 0 every month and evening ends at 10:00 maybe 11:00 (even on dates....) What can I say, right now I"m steaming with envy.

Envy will deminish when I get my sloppy kiss and bear hug though when DD wakes up from her nap.

Dawling I do believe you have arrived
                              Hah! E has been saying this for years, but obviously wouldn't trade his kids in for it. Hey, at least you go out on dates!! We went out for sushi with the kids last Friday night at around 8pm and I have to say they were excellently behaved and used their chopsticks better than a good portion of the people dining there.

over.... back to the shoes. I don't think I'll ever be able to spend that much on an article of clothing/shoes. My wedding dress didn't cost that much. It must be the bargain Asian in me. Oh the bliss of the childless life...

Comment

Working...
                              X