Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Can you have too many t-shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you have too many t-shirts?

DH was giving me a hard time for the number of tee shirts in my drawers. I have a feeling that if he saw some other people's closets he wouldn't say anything.

I think that the color and neckline and sleeve length are important sub-categories.

Re: Can you have too many t-shirts?

I completely agree-

I have the ones that I wear to the gym, the ones I wear to sleep, the ones I wear to work or out and the ones that I really should get rid of but they're sentimental. Like my Ireland marathon T-shirt.

Jenn

Comment

Agree with all of the above, although my latest obsession has been tanktops. My DH thinks I have too much of every category and he can't even name them all.

Comment

I like the J Crew tank tops with the shelf bra dealie. I will be adding to that collection as well.

Comment

My gut reaction to your question Nellie is NOOOOOO!!!!

What would SAHM's do without every sleeve length, color that looks good on them, and weight in their closet????? I'd have to go naked and THAT is a very bad idea.
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Last summer I got hooked on JCrew ribbed tanks, I have 6 (in different colors). H&M is my other source for tanks.

Comment

Every Spring I stock up at Target.

Jenn

Comment

Oh, Vishenka. I only have two of those tanks. I have some catching up to do.

Comment

JCrew outlet was my best friend last summer, I got them at about $5-7 at the end of the season sale. They also have them onsale on their website right now.

Comment

Ok, in that situation you can definitely have to many t-shirts! Bummer about the shelf breaking.

Thanks for the j crew website tip. I've been avoiding but just got the amount of our refund and I think a few tanks are in order.

Comment

My MIL bought me two t-shirts to go with the track suits she got me for Christmas, they fit so well I went and bought them in every color they had in my size. I wear them A LOT right now with jeans. DH says if I'm not out of them soon he's turning me in to What Not to Wear! :huh:
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Both Old Navy and BR have tanks and t-shirts on sale now. I got long sleeve t-shirt in ON and tanks in BR (they were much softer).

Happy Shopping!

Comment

Good to know on the BR stuff. I had a few things from there and it looked like the quality was going downhill -- better? What do you think?

Comment

I would buy suits or coats from there but for a seasons tank or t-shirt on sale, they're still a good source. I do agree that their quality has gone down the hill significantly in the past couple of years.

Comment

I thought this post was going to be about my problem: DH has too many t-shirts...i mean he has 2 shelves, 2 rows deep of about 25 t-shirts in each pile...being a math teacher, that brings us to over 100 t-shirts...

There are days when I just want to pitch them all...anyone have info about getting some of his shirts made into a patchwork quilt?
                              Jen
                              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                              X