Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shoot me now: Casual outdoor attire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoot me now: Casual outdoor attire

What about a sundress and a cute sweater in case it is 50 degrees?

Would you consider jeans, fun heels and a wild Hawaiian print shirt?

Jenn

Re: Shoot me now: Casual outdoor attire

Is it indoors (where) or outside. Outside is usually more casual as is someone's home, a rented facility dictates a bit dressier attire. Also what's your budget?

I wouldn't do jeans unless they're the right (designer) kind. Cotton/linen blend in a light summer color pants would be more appropriate. If the couple and most of their guests have money, err toward dressier vs casual. A spring dress with summer (lighter knit) cashmere cardigan would be perfect. Or a dress with 3/4 or elbow lenth sleeves, the hem should be slightly below the knee (by about an inch). If the event is outside, go for a wedge (they're easier in the outdoor terrain) for indoors whatever heel you like will work. A light wrap over the dress in a bright coordinating color will add extra warmth and hide your arms.

To address your June Cleaver concern - keep the cardigan at waist lenth and snug with round neck. Shorter sleeves will give it a more modern feel. As long as your dress has a bold color/pattern a modern fit/cut and shows off cleavage it won't make you feel too frumpy. Hot shoes and accessories can help too.

Comment

I like Lily Pulitzer too and Gap has some surprisingly nice summer cashmere cardigans.

Comment

Remember that you don't need to spend a lot to look great. If you don't have a TJMaxx nearby, Macys often has Lilly Pulitzer on sale. What kind of stores do you have nearby? You can order from the web but you'll be cutting it very close timewise.

Comment

What's your budget, size, favorite color and any other preferences, likes or dislikes? Do you already own anything that you want to work into the outfit or are we starting from scratch?

Comment

I love Lilly!

I always get my fun and funky dresses from the local vintage stores though. That way I'm pretty much guaranteed that no one else will show up in something similar!

Jenn

Comment

I hate Dillards website, so here are some ideas from Nordies.

If you want something more conservative, this is from Macys

These are from Macys too and come in 4 colors

Comment

ooooh ... i like that one!

Comment

Wanted to mention, since you're on a tight budget, Old Navy has some very cute summer dress on sale now for practically nothing. And even big funky clutches to match. Of course none of them fit a petite frame, but I compensated in other areas. /highjack.

As for cardigan, that one looks very junior and only looks good on women with no chest and stick arms. Go for something a bit more age appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                  X