Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another shoe question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another shoe question

If we still lived back in NY, I wouldn't think twice about buying these but in backwaters of PA I'm afraid people will point and stare. What do you think?

Re: Another shoe question

People won't point and stare. Well, I wouldn't. Honestly, I just don't notice what other people wear. Ever.

"That's the thing, you'll never see me in the front row of a fashion show. I'm uninterested in it. I find it trivial and banal and boring. I find it to be the least interesting thing that a woman can pay attention to, is clothing. I'm so much more interested in what's going on in the world today and what we're thinking and how we're feeling." - Jamie Lee Curtis

So, I've been more interested in fashion lately, but only to the point where if I am out in the world, I don't want to look awful. Really, what stresses me out about it is what others are thinking of me, and not what I think of myself.

Those shoes will not get pointed to. They are just gold.

If you like either of these, I may have to do a people will be pointing at you and laughing intervention.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Let them point. Those are great!

Comment

Heidi, the first ones are god-aweful, can't see the second pic. I wouldn't look at Jamie Lee Curtis as a fashion role model. There's a huge gray area between looking like a man and sitting in a front row of a fashion show.

Some days I feel like I live in a mandal capital of US or at least NE. At least half the women in my office believe that clogs are appropriate businesswear. Not mules, clogs.

I really heart those gold shoes and I love the designer and they're only about a third of my car payment.

Lily, where are you??? What do you think?

Comment

What is the difference between mules and clogs? What are sapardilles (spelling - no idea??)? I need a shoes 101 class.

Comment

*sigh* i love dansko closed back clogs.

heidi, we need to get together.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Dansko clogs are only acceptable wear with scrubs and in a health facility!!!

Espadrilles have a canvasy rope around a platform heel (but can be pretty flat).

Clogs

Mules

Comment

So, what's the difference between mules and slides then? I thought those were slides?

Comment

Slides have open toe and mules have closed toe. That's the only difference. And clogs are just more casual mules. Kind of like jeans are more casual than pants but same idea. And shorts are same pants but shorter.

Comment

Dress like you do. Be who you are. Wear the shoes and go on with your bad self because that is what every mandal-loving woman around you is doing! Celebrate it, girl! *waves feather boa around while dancing to club music*
                    Cue the music, "I will survive".

O.K. we've talked incessantly about the cute shoe problems: pain, blisters (by the way, slathering your feet with body glide before putting on performance socks works wonders for blisters ), but I've got the *real* cute shoe question that everyone is afraid to ask.

Here goes. <deep breath>

What do you do about foot funk? Seriously. I'm the Mary Jane queen, both traditional and athletic style. In the summer, my shoes get NASTY after a day of use in 90 degree weather. (Sorry if this is too graphic). I put baby powder in every morning, but sometimes this isn't enough. What would Vishenka and Lilly do?

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf

What do you do about foot funk? Seriously. I'm the Mary Jane queen, both traditional and athletic style. In the summer, my shoes get NASTY after a day of use in 90 degree weather. (Sorry if this is too graphic). I put baby powder in every morning, but sometimes this isn't enough. What would Vishenka and Lilly do?

Kelly
                      Kelly - I just bought a pair of cute (IMO) no-sock shoes from Target and was running into the foot funk issue. I went back to Target (aaaaahhhhh, Target) and bought Odor-Eaters shoe/foot spray, and it really has helped. It says it absorbs some insane amount of foot sweat. Gross - I have no idea how it works, but I'm pleased that my feet and shoes aren't gross.

Comment

Another tip is not to wear the same pair two days in a row. Have at least 3 pairs your can swap in and out. That way the shoe has time to air out before you put it on.

Lily, thanks for the confirmation. I feel like we work at the same office.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                          Another tip is not to wear the same pair two days in a row. Have at least 3 pairs your can swap in and out. That way the shoe has time to air out before you put it on.

Lily, thanks for the confirmation. I feel like we work at the same office.
                          I could go 2-3 months and not wear the same pair twice. LOL

I love those shoes! Def buy them!
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I think on Martha Stewart I saw you can put fabric softener sheets inside your shoe. I did that and I think it helped some, but the spray I'm sure it much better.

Comment

Vishenka, I LOVE those shoes and would buy them in a heartbeat. My problem is that I would have a hard time putting an outfit together with them since I am not exactly a fashionista.

Comment

Working...
                              X