Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rehearsal Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rehearsal Dinner

OK- I have totally procrastinated finding something to wear for the rehearsal/dinner Next Friday in Columbus.

So, Mavens, I have Dillards, Nordstroms, Macys, Neimans and Saks plus all of the smaller chains- Harolds, black/white, Ann Taylor (which nothing ever fits me), Chicos, etc.

The rehearsal itself is in a Presbyterian church (we're a split family- one branch is Catholic, one branch is Episcopal and the other branch is Presbyterian) and my cousin said no jeans, but no evening wear, either. The dinner is at a German Beer hall. (the groom's parents are from Germany (mom) and Ireland (Dad).

I'm short (5' 2" but petites rarely fit because I'm also built like a linebacker.) and buttons rarely work because to fit the girls the item usually is too big in the shoulders and arm length and I don't have time to get something tailored. I'm generally a size 8/10. (depending on the fit over the girls, usually)

Shoes- I have basic black mules, brown high heeled boots, kitten heels in a number of colors, (birks in every color of the rainbow but I won't torture Julie like that). I have jeweled light green sandals, pink dressy sandals, black crepe slides (low heels) and brown satin mules from my friends wedding (kitten heel)

Ok- bring it on, ladies.

Jenn

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Why not wear one of your vintage outfits? What's your budget?

Comment

because my vintage stuff is way too over the top and/or I've already worn it to other family functions.

Budget- somewhere between 50 and 250.

Jenn

Comment

I would highly suggest checking out Anthropologie. I've checked their site and there's a store in San Antonio. Not sure how far from you it is though. To me their stuff is the perfect mix of modern and vintage. There are a number of dresses in the sale section of their site that I think will work and are $150 or less.

I'll also look through Nordie's site. I think Saks or NM will put you over budget and I'm not a huge fan of other ones you mentioned.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder where it is?

I'll check online.

J.

Comment

This is currently $96 on Nordy's sale site

Comment

What is your (and anyone elses) opinion on those wide leg pants on a short person.

They look so comfy and yet put together...

I'm thinking that I may have to go with pants because I'm going to freeze. If it's under 70 in Ohio next week, I'm going to be miserable. (& I'm pretty sure it will be)

Jenn

Comment

I have wide pants, so I'm biased. The key is to make sure they're fitted through the hips and don't flare too much, may be 10" at their widest point. The material should be soft and drapy and move with you. And of course you should be wearing heels. I find that a tall thin heel offsets the wide leg. Oh, and the top should be fitted as well and hit around waist or top of the hip.

Comment

I like these BCBG from Nordstrom

Or these Tina Turk ones also from Nordies

Comment

Oh, I'm loving the first pair.

Ok, off to Nordies at lunch. Luckily it's on my way to pick up the dress anyway.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn, did you go to Nordy? How did you make out?

Comment

Not yet, I've been sucked into another vortex of grant-writing.

I think I'm going to get the grant application and all of it's BS all put together, take it to the City office tomorrow and bail for the rest of the day. I have way too much to do in my personal life to let the petty dictates of my real job get in the way!

(actually, I do like what I do, but man, real life is intruding in a Big Way)

I'll report in on what I find.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X