Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pantyhose Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantyhose Guidelines

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I need guidelines for pantyhose for every season Sheer, opaque, colors, etc. Too many options.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: Pantyhose Guidelines

I personally go with None. All the time. I can't think of an occasion that I've worn hose. Tights- yes, in the six days of winter we have. But unless I'm meeting the Queen of England, these legs will not see hose.

Jenn

Comment

None for me, either. I used to wear opaque during winter and fall when I worked every day (black w black skirts, brown w brown skirts, etc). But during the summer, I wear sandals with my dresses, and no hose. My biggest dilemma then is what color to paint my toenails.

Comment

I wear opaque tights in the winter for added warmth (or something more sheer in the evening). I think it usually looks better for office and some more formal situations.

How about hose with shorts? I remember one of my aunts used to wear that hideous suntan color with shorts.

Comment

I think it depends where you're from, too. In Phoenix, most women wouldn't dream of wearing hose, even to work - and especially not in the summertime. But in states like Virginia, for example, there is a much different dress code.

When I wore light-colored suits to work in the summertime (something I will never miss), I usually wore the darkest cream or ivory sheer hose I could find. I never liked the way nude hose looked. I always worried the cream/ivory was tacky, but to me it looked a lot better with my suits.

Comment

In spring/summer I also prefer sheerest possible. When it gets cold I play around with color and texture a bit. But remember that open toe with hose is still a huge NO.

Comment

Good topic...in the past 5 years I haven't worn pantyhose with anything...even in the winter. I like colorful stockings but tend to wear them around the house and not with work clothes. Part of the reason I shy away from tights is because my thighs are huge and it's a pain in the a** to find the perfect fit.
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

my neighbor did that too (when i was a kid). for some reason it helped the pain from her varicose veins. looked awful, though.

Comment

My poor friend Leslie has an as yet undiagnosed clotting problem that showed up as a blood clot from ankle to groin- and she now has to wear compression hose. (for basically the rest of her life- at 42 years old!)

But, being the Goddess that she is, she has actually located a source for 'pretty' compression hose- thigh highs, black, lacy compression hose. She said it helps her not feel ancient.

she would have to wear them if she ever wore shorts but she has just decided that she will never wear shorts again. She owns a LOT of flowy linen pants instead. (and close toed ballet flats)

Jenn

Comment

I don't know what is worse, the hose or the high-waisted short.

Comment

I don't know, if anyone here has the guts to wear hot pants, you go with your bad self. The hose are a non issue.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Well, there's THAT issue as well.

these legs will never see hot pants again, that's for sure.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X