Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Graduation dinner, part two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation dinner, part two

I have to go to a graduation dinner next weekend, too. I figure I'll go out shopping today. Mine is at a Club in a high-rise bank building ballroom with cocktails preceding. It's definitely not something I could wear pants to. Everyone wears black.

I need something very flattering for my body shape (think melted Budda), in a size 14, for less than 75, the more less, the better. Vishenka, you've seen my problem areas. I am very big busted, and that's the problem I am having with my current dress. I really like it, except I feel like a $2 hooker in it because of the girls busting out all over, and in between.

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing/Conne ... Zb0DJVdkvA

This is almost exactly what it looks like, except that the lace part is the belted area, and the top is black, but it does have the little bow/clasp think in front just like that.

So, is there anything I can do to work with this dress (duct tape or something like that, double sided tape and plunge bra minimizer?) or should I go with something else entirely?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Re: Graduation dinner, part two

That's more what our dinner is like. Even a cocktail dress is iffy. Wish I could wear pants, though.

That is a beautiful dress! If you can make it work, I would. No bra advice here, but I just know that the right bra purchase made a huge difference in how my dress looked on me.

I've found cheap after-prom sales at Dillards this time of year. There are generally more options on sale there in juniors, but women's has some, too. Could also try JCPenney - or whatever similar department stores you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
      Heidi are you trying to keep the dress in place or do you want a different dress or is the answer to this long-winded question "yes"?

Here is Hollywood Apparel Tape - celebs use it to keep the ladies concealed under the garment (think J Lo in that flowing green floral dress years ago): http://www.beauty.com/bal/templates/...fashion%20tape

K, so the tape. How do I use it? I'm a DDD, so I have a lot to tame. I really am clueless here. I don't think nipple shields are going to cut it. I need to be able to separate the cleavage, and I worried a little tape won't be able to do that with these boobalicious fun bags. Also, the underarms. I tend to have extra spillage there. Lots of boobs, little fabric. Is there such a thing as a 38 DDD minimizer plunge bra?

Okay, so I think I'm going to take the dress with me to JCPenney and see if I can find a bra to work with it.

Comment

I've never found a good bra in a department store. I've also never really been able to squeeze my girls into a dress that wasn't fitted for them (ie something I've picked up off the rack and put on). I usually have to size up and have it taken in everywhere else....or I buy separates...not so easy to do for the cocktail type affair...unless it's around New Years time...they always seem to have formal separates then.

Anyway, not much help.

Maybe try to find a different dress? :huh: I love V-neck plunges because they usually are the most flattering for a big bust....but many times they are cut to make it *appear* to be a big bust. And therefore I can't wear them.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Ooh, Lily, I really like that second one. Wish they made it in my size!
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Ugh, strike out at Penney's with both dresses and bras. I hate ordering things online only to get them and have them not fit. I don't have time for returns. The dress I have currently was an online order, and that's why I am in the predicament I'm in!

Comment

At least you're getting an earlier start!
              You're lucky you can wear dresses like that (wowowow!). You have great legs!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

One of my friends whose chest is even bigger than yours found some bras she really liked at Lord & Taylor, but I'm not sure if there is one near you. Can you try on the dress, take pics and post in Altzeimers for a few hours, so we can see if there's a real problem or you just think the girls fall out more then they actually do. Remember that you're looking at them directly down and very few people will have that view point.

Comment

Working...
                X