Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

you know the drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know the drill

intern welcome party. a pool party. me: NOT wearing a bathing suit. it's at a country club, from 5:30-8 pm. kids too. oh, and the pool is inside.

thoughts?
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: you know the drill

We skipped the welcome party. Also a pool party. No advice other than our method was very low maintanance and I wore a t-shirt and shorts.

Comment

Skirt, sweater set, low heels. Think 1963.

Jenn

Comment

i would much rather skip. but because dh likes the MFM that is hosting, and the shitty residents are mostly gone (there are two straggers) he wants to go. we went the first year, skipped last...

jenn..really? 60's social? is that what those country club/golf course places are really like?

Comment

That's what I would wear- something similar anyway. That way you can dress yourself up or down as the event progresses. Besides, it's better to be slightly overdressed than significantly underdressed. I wouldn't wear shorts unless they were those bermuda types, and I would wear flats w/ them. (and I'd still stick with the sweater set because I have never been to an event at a large country club or golf club that didn't have the A/C set at 40 below.)

Jenn

Comment

Get butt nekked and say you're from Sweeden. I think that it just might fly in W. Virginia.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Yaaaahhhh, you know that might work.

Comment

Comment

Capris and flip flops at the country club??? I would go with something knee length (skirt, dress, bermudas) and light layering on top with flat sandals and some fun summer jewelry.

Comment

Kelly, I hope I go to pool party with you some day.
                    Yeah, but I'm so white I'll burn your retina. :huh:

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

well, i won't be wearing shorts! that's for sure. i don't do shorts.

maybe i can find a decent looking summery dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                        Capris and flip flops at the country club??? .
                        It IS a country club in WEST VIRGINIA! My guess is they put the "country" in country club. (love you Sylvia ... mostly joking )

Comment

that's pretty much what i'm thinking.

but, it is up in them thar hills...over through the holler. that be where da money at.

maybe i can find some nicer capris and a top?

Comment

Ah, well, there's THAT.

In all seriousness, my experience has been that unless you live in an area where 'everyone' belongs to a country club (Long Island, NY and Bethesda, MD jump immediately to mind) it's the fancy pants place to go and everyone gets all dolled up.

Summery dress with a sweater and some cute shoes should be fine. I'm still all about the sweater. I hate being cold in the summer.

Jenn

Comment

I'm with Jenn, and extra ditto on the sweater, I am always cold at those places.
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X