Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Walking in heels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking in heels

I fell off a ladder in February '07, had months of PT that didn't work, had ACL reconstruction August '07 with a few more months of PT. I haven't worn heels since my fall, and when I try to, it's pathetic. I have trouble with a solid heel, let alone stilettos!!

Any suggestions? Do they have PT to teach you how to walk in heels again?

Re: Walking in heels

I learned in 9th grade at a modeling school. My mother's boyfriend's idea. But it worked (even if the guy didn't last).

I think it would really just take practice, practice and more practice. Do you have a friend who could work with you?
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

You have to get used to putting your weight on the balls of your feet and leaning forward a bit with your hips. Like Lily said, start small and practice at home.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
        low like a 2" heel

low???
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
          Originally posted by *Lily*
          low like a 2" heel

low???
          flip flops, please. :>
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Can anyone recommend good arch supports for heels?
            Vishenka was totally right about falling arches exacerbating the sharp pain in the balls of my feet when I wear heals, but I still haven't been able to find small supports that fit in my heels.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

2" heels make me nearly 6 feet tall. I have no need for looking more enormous than I already am.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Alison, it's funny you say that fallen arches don't work with heels....my podiatrist told me the opposite! Or maybe it was because of my flat feet....anyway, he told me that heels wouldn't bother me as much as flats and the really don't....it's just the narrow toe area that's been bothering me.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                  Vishenka was totally right about falling arches exacerbating the sharp pain in the balls of my feet when I wear heals, but I still haven't been able to find small supports that fit in my heels.
                  Alison, I found a decent one but it only works in shoes and boots and can't be used in sandals. It's one of those Dr. Scholles ones found in the pharmacies (I can't find a pic online anywhere). I even use them in sneakers, they make any pair much more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                    Originally posted by alison
                    Alison, I found a decent one but it only works in shoes and boots and can't be used in sandals. It's one of those Dr. Scholles ones found in the pharmacies (I can't find a pic online anywhere). I even use them in sneakers, they make any pair much more comfortable.
                    Michele, I think my arches are so high that they need all the support they can get...

I found some at the Walking Store for $50. They were supposedly sized for heels, but they still didn't fit in mine. I could have cut them to fit better, but felt that they were too expensive to do experimental cutting.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Alison, check your neighborhood pharmacy, Dr. Scholl's just came out with adjustable arch supports (very similar looking to what I have but you can make the arching part higher or lower). They're around $10.

Comment

What's wrong with patent leather birks, people...

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn

Jenn
                          :tsk:
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I just admire your ambition...four small kids and heels (you even breathed the word "stilettos")?

You go with your hot self, mamacita!

I'll be schlumping around over here in my running shoes.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn

Jenn
                              A friend recently brought a pair from Singapore and they're actually pretty cute. She kept justifying the purchase by saying they're patent leather.

Comment

Working...
                              X