Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Would you buy used shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy used shoes?

Bon Bon's thread about heels made me feel wistful for some sort of footwear a step above the Tevas and running shoes I wear daily. The REI catalog I just received has some really cute styles by Keen and Simple, sort of Mary Jane-ish, that I'd love to try! No way am I spending $85 though. So I'm looking at eBay. Would you buy used? I can't decide whether to restrict my search only to new.
    Alison

Re: Would you buy used shoes?

I would not but I have a friend who buys and sells shoes all the time on eBay. Most of the time they are worn just a few times and don't fit right so she sells them.

Jenn

Comment

I would if they were worn a few times. I have bought a pair or two of shoes on ebay and they didn't look worn at all (came in the box, etc). Those might have been classified as new, come to think of it.

Title Nine carries those brands and I've seen them on sale on the website. Have you looked at REI Outlet as well? Athleta just added more things to the sale page and I think they have shoes.

ETA, Garnet Hill carries those brands as well:
      http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?item ... w=0&page=1

Sorry...I know this wasn't your original question and these are all new.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
        Sorry...I know this wasn't your original question and these are all new.
        No, thanks a lot! I did find an auction on eBay for a new in box pair of the style I want, so I'm watching that (it ends in 4 days, but starts at $25 so fingers crossed!) I'll check out those links too.
        Alison

Comment

Dh bought a pair of Birks house shoes on ebay, and they were fine! If you pay close attention to the description that the seller gives, you should be fine.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I would buy new in box if they were athletic type shoes (ie someone else could have sweated in them if they were used) but I'd buy used heels, sandals, etc as long as they looked new.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It would really depend on the pair, if only worn once or twice and isn't the type of shoe one typically sweats in, and it's a good brand for very cheap, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I stick to new. I have bought a number of brand new pairs of shoes off eBay and sold a bunch of slightly worn ones.

Comment

I wouldn't buy old shoes, but I'm also squeamish about pedicures, etc. For an expensive pair that I loved and had to have, I'd buy new in box on ebay.

An outlet is even better!

Comment

I don't think I would. I would buy new in box though.
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I buy 90% of my birks on ebay or my ebay store favorites.

Jenn

(they're NIB- new in box)

Comment

I don't buy shoes online at all unless it is a brand I know, because I always seem to be a different size each time I try something new.

Used shoes? Not if they could be formed to someone elses feet already.

P.S. I really like the Simple and Keen ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by bugs
                        P.S. I really like the Simple and Keen ones too.
                        These are the Keen ones I'm loving: http://www.rei.com/product/747153

They just seem both functional and feminine!
                        Alison

Comment

Those look comfy - and cute! It looks like you could do just about anything in them.

Comment

I would but I am very non germ phobic. I tried on the Keen Portola at REI but didnt want to pay full price, I bought them slightly used but in EC on ebay.
                            Mom to three wild women.

Comment

sierra trading post often has good prices on keen - might have to go with slightly less popular colors, though...
                              Sandy
                              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                              X