Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What to Wear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Wear...

So, this weekend I tried on a bunch of my 'going out' clothes cause we were heading out to dinner. None of them fit me Even a beautiful top I got a few months ago failed to close over my bust. I've put on a few lbs, I think due to a new bc pill and meds I'm on. My bust went from a size 34B to 36-38C and I'm wearing a size 6, 7 pants. I'm 5ft 1in so this is a big change for me.
    Now I'm panicking cause we're off to Orlando this weekend for a conference DH has. He just told me that we'll have at least 2 dinners at pretty fancy restaurants and a reception at the new Icebar there.
    What do I have to wear, umm, jeans, a couple of knee length skirts (one black, one a very pale yellow colour), a black wrap around dress and a dress like this, but in black and a little bit shorter:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/i ... ryID=22120

I bought some clothes recently but for the winter and it's going to be 84 degrees in FL. Any ideas on what to wear, where to go to get them? :huh: I'm hoping I'll have a couple of hours on Friday to do some shopping in Philly before I get on the plane.
    Oh, and this is where we're eating: http://www.emerils.com/restaurant/6/Emerils-Orlando/

Thank you!!
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Re: What to Wear...

Originally posted by MrsC
    What do I have to wear, umm, jeans, a couple of knee length skirts (one black, one a very pale yellow colour), a black wrap around dress and a dress like this, but in black and a little bit shorter:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/i ... ryID=22120
    I'm in Miami, FL right now. Orlando is not super-dressy -- not like Miami where everyone is a brazilian fashion model. I think the Macy's dress will be fine for dinner; that style is very popular here. Wrap around dresses are always good too -- flattering and they pack well. You could dress up your wrap around with statement jewelry (think big), or a scarf, and/or a cool purse and shoes. Also, you may be able to wear the short dress over jeans (if they are dark and well cut) for the ice bar event. Just be sure to accessorize nicely and style your hair.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I agree that Orlando won't be that dressy, you can easily wear the two dresses you have for the 2 fancy dinners. What material are the two skirts you have? Every store is having major sales right now, what is close to you? You can also get some tops that can be worn with either skirt or jeans and pack those as well. Old Navy is having a huge $2 sale tomorrow. You can get a cami to go under the shirt that won't close or a cardigan that you have from before.

Don't forget some jewelry and heels. I always do well with BR accessories.

Comment

We are leaving for Orlando Friday too and I have no idea what to bring clothing wise. I am almost glad I am bringing my 14 month old because I will probably not be going to the dinners, which means I won't be stressing out over what to wear. I think that dress is really cute btw.

Comment

for the tips everyone! Is BR a brand name Vishenka? Where would I find it?
          In Philly, we have GAP, Excess, H & M, Burlington Coat Factory (good for shoes), not too sure what else.

My problem is that I'm always over-dressed compared to everyone else . In Ireland everyone gets really dressed up going out, old habits die hard I guess!
          So, I'll have to tone it down. I like the idea of keeping it simple but accessorizing. Should I stick with the black shoes/bag or get something colourful?

Comment

What she said. H&M also has good cheap accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
              V, I'm in midtown today. Need me to pick up anything for you? I'm hitting Sephora before my train home. Can't wait to get out of the office!!!!
              I'm jealous, a year later, I still miss NY like crazy. Thanks for the offer, but I've got a Sephora nearby. The only store that I truly miss the most is Loehmanns.

Comment

Hope I'm not too late on this... but if it's the Emeril's @ Universal --- then keep in mind there will be a million tourist there that are anywhere from the 9's to jeans and t's.

My advice --- go to H&M (since you have luck there) and buy a cute BLACK top. Something classic and timeless. Then, pair it with DARK denim straight leg jeans and a pair of cute black pumps.

This way it is always something you can throw a jacket over back at home and go out! Best of both worlds!

BTW-- I was preggers during my hubby's interviews and I stuck with tan dress pants and a black top (with heels) or dark jeans and dressy top - depending on the place.

I always like to be the one on the higher end of the "dress code" but not over dressed.

Comment

Originally posted by "LilySayWhat
                  I was glad for Leann too and hope to god her winnings come with a decent haircut.
                  Yeah, I was wondering about that. Such a sylish girl and such a boring hairstyle.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

MthMum, thanks. I thought about the universal thing and ended up buying something, Premium Outlet Stores in Orlando are wonderful. I got a lovely black top, the ones you can wear as a dress or over pants. It's lovely, strapless but casual and paired it with nice black pants and sandals. I was still more dressed up than everyone at our table. They were all wearing t-shirts and jeans and sweaters and they didn't spend all day at the park I was the youngest person there and the only residents wife.
                    I guess I'll always be the more dressed up than everyone else (except for the department chair who has a new suit every time I see him )

Comment

I was the youngest person there and the only residents wife. I guess I'll always be the more dressed up than everyone else (except for the department chair who has a new suit every time I see him)
                      I know how you feel. I'm also the youngest person here and usually the most dressed up.

Aren't the Premium Outlets great? Too bad you guys don't have a car, we could have met at Limerick.

Comment

Working...
                      X