Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Candidates' wardrobes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candidates' wardrobes

I'm not sure where to put this, please feel free to move if necessary.

I know most people were watching the debates to hear what the candidates had to say about key issues. What I was paying attention to was that McCain was wearing a blue tie, while Cindy wore a red suit; and Obama was wearing a red tie, while Michelle wore a blue dress. I'm pretty sure that in the past debate McCain wore a red tie and Obama a blue one. I'm just curious is all this is preplanned in advance and if anyone but me notices and cares.

Re: Candidates' wardrobes

I love you, Vishenka.

I hadn't noticed...but it is an article for CNN Politics in the making.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
      I'm just curious is all this is preplanned in advance and if anyone but me notices and cares.
      I've actually wondered the same thing (if they coordinate their outfits and colors beforehand). I asked DH and he just rolled his eyes at me.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I think you're right Vishenka. I remember Michelle Obama saying something about this in an interview. They coordinate what the Obama's wear but I don't know if it's got anything to do with what the McCain's are wearing. Maybe Michelle calls Cindy before the debate to figure it out
        The red and blue thing may be symbolic, for unity etc. since they're the colours attributed to Decomacrats and Republicans :huh:
        Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
        Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I had actually noticed the same thing with the ties and was wondering if it was cordinated as well! It wouldn't surprise me if it was.
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

The ties didn't surprise me as much as the wives outfits. I guess I didn't realize how orchestrated everything was.

Lily, I DVR'ed PR and watching it now.

Comment

I really cant get over Obama's make up. His lips look a strange color of purple to me.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Working...
              X