Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fashionistas---do not read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fashionistas---do not read

Kmart has some serious steals on kids' clothes right now. Seriously, boys' shorts were .99 and pants were $2.00. I even purchased a new pair of gym shoes for $10. Since we go through these items like water around here, I thought I'd share. I can't find those prices at garage sales and second hand stores.

Also, because I'm in between normal pants and maternity stuff, I found some cute (no really Kmart and cute are not an oxymoron) yoga pants for $8. (I know, I know, you all have admonished me to never wear an elastic waistband out in public and to cut back on the mommy track suits. You're not supposed to be reading this thread anyway).

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Re: Fashionistas---do not read

Great!!
    I haven't been to a K-mart since I left MI...I think Sears had just merged /bought them when we moved here.
    When I worked as a makeup artist, I used to buy a lot of black clothing from the Kathy Ireland line; It looked good and didn't need to be dry cleaned!

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf
      (I know, I know, you all have admonished me to never wear an elastic waistband out in public and to cut back on the mommy track suits. You're not supposed to be reading this thread anyway).

When I was preggo, I pretty much lived in yoga pants unless I was at work....

I didn't know!

Comment

No, you nailed it. K-mart is kind of trashy. Still, it brings back warm childhood memories of my mom buying us each a slushie and parking us in the toy section while she went to go pay for our clothes in lay away. Back then, K-mart was the only game in town and it was a big deal.

Sorry for my warm walk down memory lane, continue on with bargain hunting victory stories!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf
          No, you nailed it. K-mart is kind of trashy. Still, it brings back warm childhood memories of my mom buying us each a slushie and parking us in the toy section while she went to go pay for our clothes in lay away. Back then, K-mart was the only game in town and it was a big deal.

Sorry for my warm walk down memory lane, continue on with bargain hunting victory stories!

Kelly
          This made me sentimental. When we were kids, Grandma used to take me and my brothers to K-Mart and give us each $5 toys, nailpolish, shrinky dinks, snacks, whatever we wanted as long as it was not more than $5. Then we'd go back to her place and play with our loot. It was the best.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Kmart and Sears are now partners. I keep hoping this means I can get Lands End at KMart...but not at the one near us. I have noticed that the Sears has acquired the Kmart smell, though. Must be part of the franchise package.....

My discount store is still Target. I love to browse in Target. Old Navy is also doing the 50 cent to 2 dollar clothing clearance now. Good deals!
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Ooh, thanks for the tip! I never go into K-Mart since I'm a loyal Target shopper, but for those prices I may have to go check it out! K-Mart and layaway is also nostalgic for me.

Speaking of Mervyns, I'm really bummed about that. It's one of my favorite stores in the mall because it's one of the few I could even afford. Didn't they used to be owned by the same company as Target?
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
                I've always been partial to ShopKo, which I think is on a slow march toward bankruptcy now. They closed all of their northern Nevada stores, so I can't even stop in when I'm visiting my parents.

The discount store where I worked for several summers and Christmases during high school and college - Mervyn's - actually did go bankrupt recently.

But K-mart apparently thrives.

I don't think Shopko is going out of business. I always assumed that it was more of a regional thing because their corporate offices are near Green Bay, WI. They are opening a new store in the Milwaukee area. I love their kids clothes for the most part. They are durable and they had a policy of replacing them if your kid wore them out before they out-grew them.
                Kris

Comment

Working...
                X