Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

where do you buy boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do you buy boots?

I'm looking for some tall brown boots (low/medium heel) to wear with winter skirts. I was kind of hoping to keep it under/around $100. There are some sales out there right now, but I haven't found just what I want yet.

I've checked Penney's, Dillard's, & J.Jill (online - I'm not boot-hunting IRL with an infant & two toddlers). Any suggestions for other places to look?

Re: where do you buy boots?

I just got some from Endless.com.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I've purchased tall leather boots from Zappos but I was actually at their retail store in Kentucky. I've gotten other shoes from them online and have been pleased.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

A friend who had also given up on ever finding boots that fit finally measured herself and used the measurements on endless.com to find some that she is VERY happy with.

Also, I just ran across this yesterday:
        http://www.modista.com/

select "women's", then start exploring. It'll show you as many shoes as will fit in your browser window, so if you make it full-screen you'll see more at once. Click on "price, brand, and more" to filter by color (and price, and size, etc). It searches zappos and endless and a couple other stores (and you can tell it not to search one or more, too) Once you select a pair of shoes, they become the "base" shoe (in the upper left), and the rest of the screen refreshes to show thumbnails of the shoes most like the ones you selected. If you click on the bigger picture in the upper left, you get all the details about the shoe. In about 5 clicks I had a screen full of brown boots. Mousing over without clicking gives you the brand and name, and what store they're at and how much they are. Worth checking out!
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Nordstrom is having a half yearly sale right now!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I'm a big fan of DSW. But being a FL native, I don't know much about boots.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Thanks so much! I have spent WAY too much time today looking at boots! I have several possibilities, so now I just have to decide between them.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of buying shoes/boots on line (I have done it many times but it only worked out a few of those). Before you buy though, don't forget to search for coupon codes. Good luck.

Comment

Ok... I may regret the online purchase, but here's what I ordered:

http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7259729/c/6.html

Comment

They're pretty. Let us know how you like them when they arrive.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I miss being able to wear boots.
                      Those are cute by the way. I had some similar in a previous life but the laces drove me nuts, they took so long to put on and off. Maybe yours have a zipper that I can't see. Hope you like them anyway

Comment

There's a side zipper.

I'm not totally convinced about my choice, but when I thought about the skirts I have, I kept coming back to this pair. I'm not thinking obsessively about any other boots I saw, so maybe I made the right choice. :huh: I'll find out when they arrive!

Comment

Working...
                        X