Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Makeup Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup Help

I do not wear makeup. If I wear it three times a year that is a lot. We try to live green - but my makeup has been the last holdout because for the amount I use it - it just wasn't practical to replace.
    We are about to leave for Vegas and my makeup bag looks very sad

Husband wants to make sure that any makeup I pick is cleared by the EWG on the Skin Deep Database

Here are my questions -
    Bare Escentuals - my cousin RAVES about this stuff, most of it is okay on the database - does anyone here use it?
    I read about Everyday Mineral on a natural living forum - they have great reviews on Skin Deep, but they don't sell retail. I am so out of the makeup loop - I don't even know how to pick my color. Anyone use that?

Re: Makeup Help

Try Aveda products or The Body Shop. Bare Essentuils (or however they spell it) is horrific on my naturally dry and ever aging skin. Basically it sucked out all available oil and made me look like one of those cakey old ladies.

I LOVE lush products but they don't make make-up.

Jenn

Comment

Bare Esssentials does not work for me either. I thought it was because I had oily skin. Great coverage - but cakey and shows every crease.

If you can go without makeup, I would think that you would not need foundation. So skip the bare minterals/essentuals or whatever they are called. Maybe a good moisturizer (tinted at most) and a little color? :huh: If that is all you need, then I second the Burt's Bees. I love their stuff.

AND furthermore, you should consider yourself lucky if your makeup bag looks sad. At the airport, when you have to check in an additional bag just to carry your face...errr...I mean make-up - then, you've got problems. I am not there yet but it seems each year I need to add something else to that make-up bag to make me look presentable.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I have heard great things about Aromaleigh mineral makeup. I got a bunch of samples once upon a time but I am so makeup stupid I could never tell you how it compares to anything else. :P
        Alison

Comment

I love bare minerals! You can go to Sephora and try it to see if it works for you. It isn't for everyone.
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I am so out of the makeup loop - I don't even know how to pick my color
            Your best bet would be to make a trip to Sephora because you can usually get someone to help you out and you're able to try just about everything before buying it. If you don't have a Sephora where you live, there's a great one in Vegas!

BTW, Orgins also makes natural products.

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl
              I love bare minerals! You can go to Sephora and try it to see if it works for you. It isn't for everyone.

I use it too and it works for me.

When the pores on my nose are looking big for some reason I use a tiny bit of MAC pressed powder in those areas.

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I also love Bare Escentuals. I have to use moisturizer first, and I can tell that if/when I get deep wrinkles, I won't be able to use it, but so far so good. I would consider my skin to be combination (T-zone oiliness) but a touch sensitive. I am not really prone to dryness if I use moisturizer. I use "bisque" on problem areas to even them out, then bare minerals in "fairly light" all over, and finish with mineral veil (a finer powder). I also use their blushes. I didn't like the final result as much before I started using the mineral veil stuff at the end. My sister got the starter kit for me and I waited a year before I opened it. She made me watch the instructional dvd, and although I made fun of it all the way through, I am glad I did. A light hand is essential with this stuff.....it can get cakey pretty easily if you use too much. I loooove the coverage, though.

Sally
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                X