Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Coat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coat question

So, I have been losing weight- baby weight, slowly but surely. I own a pea coat and it's about 8 years old. Anyway, it was a bit big on me when I first purchased it. I was able to wear it through a couple of my pregnancies, and after. I tried it on the other day and it is huge! In addition to this coat, I have an Eddie Bauer Gortex shell (think ski coat without the bulk). I wear the latter to everything, and recently we attended the group Christmas party where I realized I was wearing the wrong coat for my nice outfit. Luckily, I don't think anyone saw.

So one of my favorite stores was having a good sale (additional 30% off plus free shipping). I bought a couple of coats as I am in need of a "nicer" one for evenings out, and what not.

I bought this pea coat. I tried it on and dh's reaction was "It looks like a chef's jacket. It doesn't seem very practical. Why do you need a shorter coat?" I am fashion illiterate, and shrugged my shoulder's a lot at his questions and comments. This is how fashion illiterate I am- I didn't know that it was okay to wear heels with pants or jeans until I started reading this forum. Granted I don't do but once in a blue moon and I am still on the hunt for comfortable kitten heels.

This is me in the coat. Excuse the bad hair, no make-up, dirty mommy sweat pants.

I purchased a long coat for nicer outings.
    Gas, and 4 kids

Re: Coat question

I think they're both really cute!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I looked at the shorter coat and thought, "That's a perfect car coat!" I'm very uncomfortable driving in anything below the waist, it's often too cold not to, but I hate it. I think the shorter coat is great as a casual everyday one with pants/jeans/cords and the longer is perfect for dress/skirt occasions. I would suggest getting a bright scarf/gloves to break up all the blackness though.

Comment

I love the long coat!
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK
          I love the long coat!
          Me too! It'll dress up a pair of jeans nicely too!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
          X