Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oscars Fashion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscars Fashion

For anyone watching or just interested in Oscar fashion, who do you think is best dressed and worst?

White, and various shades thereof, was a huge trend this year. I think Penelope Cruz did it best,

and Melissa George missed the mark,

Non-white, best dressed,
    I'm still thinking about this.

and worst,
    simply because she should have known better.

Tilda Swinton is in a "do you own a mirror" category of her own.

Re: Oscars Fashion

Loved Penelope's dress! And her speech!

Have not seen any others that just blew me away.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I really liked Marisa Tomei's dress.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I loved Marisa Tomei's dress as well! It was stunning, and very different from what everyone else was wearing.
        Alicia Keys also looked beautiful-loved her hair, makeup and dress.
        Normally Reese Witherspoon looks great, but I didn't like her dress or makeup.
        Heidi Klum looked hot- her dress and shoes were killer.
        I didn't care for Kate Winslet's dress... Iove her though.
        Ann Hathaway's dress was really pretty with all of the bling bling.
        Angelina Jolie was wearing huge emerald earrings and matching ring. I thought it went well with her dress, she looked great.

John Legend looked HOT in that suit when he was singing the song from Wall-e. Love his voice too.

I don't know what Beyonce was thinking! Is it Oscar envy or something? Not good.
        Miley Cyrus' s dress was also interesting. I liked the concept, but the bottom of the dress was too much.

Comment

I think Meryl Streep knocked it out of the park.

Marisa Tomei looked great. I loved the neckline, and loved loved loved the pleating!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I didn't like Miley's - maybe it was too old for her?

I think Queen Latifah should have sung in the dress she wore, it was much better I thought.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine
              I didn't like Miley's - maybe it was too old for her?

I think Queen Latifah should have sung in the dress she wore, it was much better I thought.
              I agree... I think Miley's dress was too old for her!

Comment

I think Marisa Tomei hit it out of the park! She definately redeemed herself from the Seinfeld/pirate shirt debacle that was the Golden Globes!

I think Miley's dress looked lovely, but wrong on her. Also what was up with SJP? I normally like her style, but her hair was a mess!

Comment

All I know is that SJP was presenting with Daniel Craig. I didn't get a chance to see what she was wearing because I was drooling over him.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Here's a link for those of us who didn't watch:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... esses.html

Queen Latifah, Meryl Streep, and Heidi Klum all have this happiness/confidence that comes from the inside. They ROCK. (O.K. I *would* like to look like Heidi rocking that red dress, but still they are all goddesses.)

Kelly

Comment

I missed the Oscars last night. I saw some photos this morning. I thought Alicia Keyes looked great too. Evan Rachel Woods (did I get her name right?) is the same color as her dress. It was weird. Penelope Cruz's diamonds were gorgeous as was her dress!

eta: the color and lighting for the photos in the link Kelly posted are much more flattering.

Comment

Tilda Swinton, honey, I feel your pain. Look, I'm the whitest person I know too. I get the angst of having that "just embalmed" pallor.

Still, I don't go around wearing beige or yellow. Darling, look for bright colors or pastels next time.

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf
                          All I know is that SJP was presenting with Daniel Craig. I didn't get a chance to see what she was wearing because I was drooling over him.

Kelly
                          Hee hee! So true! That man can fill out a tux like no other!!!

Comment

Agreed, I should say the colors were more flattering for *most*, Tilda Swenson excluded. I like the category of older but not wiser.

Comment

That picture of Tilda Swinton (BTW: I have no idea who she is) looks like a wax figure. She doesn't even look real. Miley looked like a gigantic fish tale with all those scale looking things on her dress.

Freida Pinto looked gorgeous.
                              Tara
                              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                              X