Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bermuda shorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bermuda shorts

Hot or not?

We're going to the Caribbean in two weeks. I have nothing but long pants and a few dressy skirts at the moment. If I get some new things, should they be capris, casual skirts, bermuda shorts, a mixture of all of the above?
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

I've got nothing on fashion...but wish you a fantastic time!! And safe travels!!
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Thanks! This is my last week in the office, then I'm going to Reno for a week, then back to DC for DH's graduation (3 days), then to the Carribbean for a week, then back to DC to move out and drive to Colorado.

It's madness, I tell you.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

What are boy hips? I probably have them. I call my figure a plank - definitely not curvy.

And I can't say I've ever really considered the look of my knees, but I'm going to now!

Sundresses are a good idea. Adding them to the potential list.

Comment

I would wear a dress/skirt over shorts ANY day of the week, but I do love a nice pair of capris as well. Any suggestions of places to get cute and inexpensive dresses? (Catholic school teacher + med school DH = no $$) The ones from Old Navy never seem to fit right...
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I love the look of Bermudas. However, my hips, thighs and butt do not. Since you’re not curvy, I bet they’d look great. Sundresses and skirts would be my first choice, though.

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
            Not a lot of junk in the trunk and narrowish hips, i.e. you look great in pants and most things from Banana Republic.
            Hijack - I’m curvy and can reliably purchase Banana Republic suit pants, skirts and dresses without trying them on. Sizing and fit can be so bizarre.

Comment

I like bermuda shorts, also helps that I look exactly like Lily's description above. Please, don't get capris unless your legs are as long as Heidi Klum's.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                but I do love a nice pair of capris as well. ...
                Thank you. The mental image of Vishenka & Lily reacting to reading that made my day. You'll have to spend some time searching on the "capri wars" posts from a couple of years ago.

BTW -- I love my capris.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
                  Thank you. The mental image of Vishenka & Lily reacting to reading that made my day. You'll have to spend some time searching on the "capri wars" posts from a couple of years ago.

BTW -- I love my capris.

I'm glad someone else does I didn't realize I was walking into a trap!
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Ok - so I caught myself up from the great capri debate, and most of my capris are like this: http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/bro...atId=cat790030
                    Jen

Comment

Mine are like the ones in the link above, too. Wearing a pair today, in fact.
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Those are slightly better than the variety I see here on daily basis but I still don't see what the attraction is.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
                          Those are slightly better than the variety I see here on daily basis but I still don't see what the attraction is.
                          A little variety? I, like many others from the original Capri thread, don't like my legs above the knee! I guess I see them as a more "springy/summery" alternative to pants

Any other suggestions would be most appreciated!
                          Jen

Comment

The capri owners massively outnumber the capri haters on this site.

I actually don't love them because I think they make me seem shorter than I already am.

I wear a LOT of skirts- knee length and below. It's already mid-90s here in SA and pants are just too hot most of the time. Some people just don't feel comfortable in skirts and honestly, there are few people over 30 who look good in miniskirts OR shorts. Capris are the happy medium.

Most of San Antonio would look at LOT better if they'd take off the too-tight jean shorts and put on a frickin' pair of capris.

J.

Comment

I think I have more capris than shoes!

Comment

Working...
                              X