Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Banana Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Republic

Just stopped in while I was at the mall. They were having a GREAT SALE. They had some nice fall / late summer clothes for cheap!!
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

ooh!..thanks, I'm there.

-C
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Just beware that their quality have significantly gone down over the past few years. Don't expect anything to last more than a season, max two if not worn frequently.

ETA: Last week JCrew was having 20% off their sale stuff and I think their quality is a lot more superior to BR.

Comment

I have noticed that with BR too. They use to have such good quality stuff that I would pay the full price for it, since it lasted forever. But you are right, it might last a season at the most. I love J.Crew, I always find things when they do the Final Sale. I have a lot of success at Ann Taylor Loft.
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

The things I bought at Banana Republic last year are holding up quite well (mostly suits with skirts and some blouses).

I think Ann Taylor Loft has improved a bit in quality. But, when I was in there two days ago it was quite apparent that the Loft practices SERIOUS size inflation. I normally fit a size 6 with a jacket (I've got some wiiiide shoulders), and I was easily fitting into a size 2! Now THAT'S vanity sizing!
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
            The things I bought at Banana Republic last year are holding up quite well (mostly suits with skirts and some blouses).

I think Ann Taylor Loft has improved a bit in quality. But, when I was in there two days ago it was quite apparent that the Loft practices SERIOUS size inflation. I normally fit a size 6 with a jacket (I've got some wiiiide shoulders), and I was easily fitting into a size 2! Now THAT'S vanity sizing!
            Whatever, I'm SO a real 0.

I agree about Banana Republic. I bought a beaded necklace there once in college. The first time I wore it was to a sorority meeting (which involves sitting in a room, nothing strenuous). After the meeting, I was just sitting, watching tv... and the necklace just fell off me. I've had Rs50 necklaces from Bombay that have lasted longer!

Anyway, the new arrivals start to come in August, so buy spring/summer stuff now! But only if it's on sale. They should be trying to get rid of this merchandise.

Also, ditto the Ann Taylor and J. Crew love. Also love love love White House | Black Market.
            Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

I love the clothes at Banana Republic but the quality is just not good for what you pay. I bought plain black pants and jeans at the outlet a year ago. They were petite and reasonably priced. After a month, they were completely shapeless. I was so disappointed.
              Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
              Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
                I love the clothes at Banana Republic but the quality is just not good for what you pay. I bought plain black pants and jeans at the outlet a year ago. They were petite and reasonably priced. After a month, they were completely shapeless. I was so disappointed.
                For work/dress pants or any pair that you'd like to keep for a while, I'd highly recommended getting a lined pair. The lining really helps the legs keep their shape and fit better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
                  For work/dress pants or any pair that you'd like to keep for a while, I'd highly recommended getting a lined pair. The lining really helps the legs keep their shape and fit better.
                  Great tip, thanks! I wouldn't have thought of that.
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Working...
                  X