Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Curly Haired Friends, HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curly Haired Friends, HELP

Hi all. My hair is driving me nuts and I need a new Shampoo and Conditioner. My hair is extremely dry lately. Any Recs on fantastic shampoos and conditioners for curly hair?

THANKS!
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

If you are looking for drugstore brands, I have been using the herbal essences in the bright orange bottles - manderin and pearl.

It tames the frizzies.
    Kris

Comment

It's not cheap but I love Biolage ULTRA hydrating shampoo and conditioner. My salon uses Aquage (awesome!) but that is even more than the Biolage.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I like Pantine products. I use either the volumn, ice, or curl formula.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I would only wash your hair with conditioner at least every 2-3 washes if your hair is dry. Also a trim may help in addition to a deep condition...as in put the conditioner on your hair and put a shower cap on for an hour or leave it over night if you can stand it. DH always says "sexy" in a sarcastic tone when I do this -eyeroll.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Yes, I was also going to suggest not shampooing for at least a week or two. If you don't want to sleep in the a shower cap, just put conditioner in your hair first thing when you shower, then put the cap on. At least you'll get 20 minutes (or how long it takes you to shower) of conditioning. Make sure that your styling product doesn't contain any alcohol, it can dry out your hair.

Aveda is great but pricey. Out of the drugstore brands I prefer John Frieda Brunettes line.

Comment

I use Aveda Dry Remedy and it ROCKS.

There is a super conditioner in that line I use once a week and that is really nice too.

I wash no more than every third day. That REALLY helps.
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I use BED HEAD TIGI, FOxy Curls. I live by it when I where my hear curly. It may not be so much your shampoo/ conditioner but the products you are using? Are you using any type of sleek or leave in conditioner?
                Brandi
                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                X