Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

4th Trimester/Nursing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Trimester/Nursing

I feel like a rag. I'm exhausted. The maternity clothes are worn out and falling off. The pre-pregnancy clothes don't fit. My life revolves around nursing so washability and accessiblity are primary considerations. What to wear? Any good on-line stores?
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

and now you know why mothers everywhere have taken over the yoga clothes. they're comfortable, they look pretty good in public and they're washable.

jenn

Comment

Yep.

I've nursed 3 babies, and have never become a fan of "nursing" tops. For me it was always more work to fit tab A thru slot B in order to be covered, rather than just using a shirt with a little extra give, or a tank under a blouse.

Comment

Beats me. I'm all jeans and t-shirts over here. Going back and forth between some of my maternity clothes and some of my regular clothes, depending on whether I feel like putting up with slightly-too-loose or slightly-too-snug that day.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Since I had my first baby I have lived in yoga pants. I might put on some jeans if I'm feeling snazzy. I do the nursing bras and just regular shirts. Victoria's Sercret has good deals on them. But I usually get mine from Sam's Club.

Comment

I have a couple of inexpensive pair of jeans from Target and a stack of long sleeve tee's from all over. It gets you dressed and the shirts are still stretchy enough to accomodate nursing easily.
            Kris

Comment

My standard nursingwear was almost always a stretchy tank that I could just shove to the side, with any other shirt over the top... so you lift the first shirt up, shove the tank down/over to get bra access, and are still completely covered belly and low-back-wise for when it's cold or you feel too exposed. I actually didn't use a nursing bra after about 8 weeks, but went back to my stretched out old VS bra I'd worn in pregnancy... beats trying to hook the bra back together one-handed, I guess.

Know how you feel!! Good luck finding something that works but helps you feel like not such a blob.

Jenn

Comment

I "second" the numerous recommendations for yoga pants.

Comment

Working...
                X