Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Made in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in the USA

So, I decided that since my husband is going to back to DC, he can take the old dishes which are chipped and TBH, just don't reflect my style anymore. In fact, they didn't reflect my style when we got married but I didn't really care.

I've been looking and looking for new dishes. I decided that if I was going to lay out cash for new dishes, I might as well keep some American factory employee working.

One ginormous internet search later, other than some random local ceramics places nationwide, there is only ONE brand of every day dishes still made in the USA, Fiestaware.

Lenox still makes their china in the USA but not their every day dishes. Pfaltzgraff was bought out in 2005 and they're not making anything in Pennsylvania anymore. Crate and Barrell only have their glasses made here. Correll makes their plates and bowls in the USA but not their cups and mugs.

So, Macy's is having a great Fiestaware sale right now- buy one get one free place setting- plus I went through ebates.com AND opened a Macy's card for 15% off my first purchase. oh, and free shipping for purchases over $99 using the code President.

Score! $500 worth of new dishes and serving pieces for $260.

and I get to feel good about it too. (and such fun colors to pick from!)

Jenn

I looooove my Fiestaware. I got tired of my dishes getting discontinued so one Christmas DH bought me a place setting in every color. If any piece ever breaks, I can just but the new color and add to my color collection.

DH got a similar deal when he got them from Dillards. I now get my Fiesta fix from Zesty Dishes. They have great deals and i have even begn to buy their serving and baking pieces.
    http://www.zestydishes.com/servlet/StoreFront
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I can see that this may become an obsession. I was on their factory direct site yesterday and had to stop myself from buying parts from the two colors they're discontinuing this year.

Stop me NOW.

Jenn

ETA- I bought a place setting in Chocolate, Tangerine, Lemongrass and Turquoise- and the 'got one frees' all had to be in the same color so I got 4 ivory.

Comment

Awesome! New dishes, new anything at an awesome price is always exciting.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

What colors did you get? My fav is the shamrock....like the colbalt too.

Comment

We cross posted-

Chocolate, Lemongrass, Turquoise, Tangerine and Ivory. Then in serving pieces, I got scarlet, cobalt and shamrock.

Must. not. buy. more.

Jenn

Comment

Oh - and they just came out with a Christmas tree luncheon plate...my next buy. Also, be aware that the salad plate is pretty small. Therefore, I ordered luncheon plates for something in between the salad and dinner plate. The Luncheons actually get used the most at our house.

Comment

We picked Fiesta wear for our wedding almost 10 years ago. We still have them in 4 colors. Love them even if they no longer match our kitchen colors. I also have a bright yellow set of mixing bowls.
                Needs

Comment

I ordered the square ones- it was a plate, a mug and a bowl in each place setting.

I figured they're eventually be discontinued and then I'll go back to the round ones.

Jenn

Comment

Ooooh - I saw the square ones and have been pretty tempted BUT I, too, must stop.

Comment

Oooh, I really like the Shamrock!

When it was time to register, I wanted to get Fiestaware, but I couldn't talk DF into any color.

So we got this Mikasa instead: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...rProdID=436159

We got some our place settings for Christmas, and while it's great, I might want to supplement it with some Fiestaware serving pieces and accessories in the future.
                      Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Oh, Wierton is dangerously close to the relative in PA and Ohio. Did NOT need to know that!

(and if you're ever in DC, there's a Crate and Barrel outlet in Alexandria, VA.)

Jenn

Comment

Good to know that fiestawear is made in the USA. Sounds like you got some beautiful colors, and quite the deal! I do love our fiesta wear although I don't have "fun" colors, we just have blue and white.

I'll have to check out the square dishes, I didn't even know they made such things!!
                          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

The first batch of the order arrived and I'm soooo psyched. Happy Anniversary to me. Very happy with everything so far!

Jenn

Comment

LOL - when I started reading this thread, I thought "Perfect - Fiestaware is right up your alley." I actually have some original Fiestaware (complete with lead).

Comment

Working...
                              X