Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Baby girl swimsuits alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby girl swimsuits alert

Alison's thread about baby swim diapers got me thinking... And Gymboree has good deals this week (they call it a spring break special or something) on the cutest swimsuits ever.

Like I need another girl swimsuit! But someone might!!!

They are $15, which is still more than a Walmart or a Target probably, but it's Gymboree!!! Invest in Gymboree, if you can. My girl clothes from there have made it through Kate, Isabel, my niece Grace (who is NOT nice to clothes), and now Josie.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

OK, so when I read the thread title my thought was, A recall on baby swim suits? There seems to be a serious problem with the commercial industry. I am glad its a sale, and not a recall.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I picked up a suit at Gymboree yesterday -- it's got an alligator on it across the chest. Dd is so stinkin cute in it. I burst out laughing when I put it on her, and it must have been really loud, because she started crying!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I want that swimsuit. And the ones with the ruffles on it.
        Peggy

Comment

Yeah, it'd look cute on you, I'm sure!
          The ruffles, man... I could have bought all of them. Jack and Janie has some cute ones too...

I'm going back tomorrow for sunglasses. My mil was with me and she would have ridiculed me if I had bought them then.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Ridiculed you for sunglasses? She does know the sun is bad for baby's eyes right?
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

she is crazy... what does it matter anyway. we have lots of pairs of sunglasses around. at worst, they make for fun dress up...
              Peggy

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                Yeah, it'd look cute on you, I'm sure!
                LOL Alison-- although my body is kind of squarish now just like a baby!!! Where did I put my waist????
                Peggy

Comment

thanks for the advice!! This is my first child so I'm still learning the ropes on what brands are worth the price. I'm all about investing in quality clothes that will last a while (and through multiple kids). Great to know about Gymboree.
                  Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                    OK, so when I read the thread title my thought was, A recall on baby swim suits? There seems to be a serious problem with the commercial industry. I am glad its a sale, and not a recall.
                    I thought this too. Now that we've scheduled the pool opening, I'm justified in getting Isabel her first swimsuit, right? How early is too early to put her in the pool?

Comment

One more question- do you find that Gymboree brands run small or big? Obviously each kid is different, but I've never bought swimsuits and my daughter will be 12 months during the summer. I'm not sure if she'll fit in the 12-24 but she also may be too big for 6-12month stuff. Eek, maybe that means I just buy one of each size!
                      Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

I find that Gymboree runs big on both of my kids.

Another great place for clothes, IMO is Children's Place.

Comment

I like Children's place, but i never seem to buy anything there except for flip flops and sweat pants for the boys...

I think Gymboree runs a tad big, too. But I wouldn't buy a 6-12 month suit for a 12 month old-- there should be a 12-18 month option. Unless your baby is really small.

And Julie, I'm not sure about the official recommendations for swimming, but I've seen babies in the pool as early as 6 weeks. If your girl likes the water (bath) she might like the pool, too. You never know... At any rate, you may have one of the baby pools for your own backyard. She'll be sitting up during the summer time and will be able to enjoy the little pools then.
                          Peggy

Comment

Will be ordering from Gymboree today! Thank you.

Gymboree tends to run big, and only shrinks a little (which is great for passing down). Old Navy is another one that doesn't tend to shrink and stays in good shape. My Children's Place clothes were great with the first, but I'm finding aren't in great shape after being passed to a second child.
                            -Deb
                            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

My Ped says babies can't wear sunscreen until they are 6 months so if you take them a pool before then you have to have them fully covered. There are wet suit looking swimsuits for kids, they aren't near as cute but when you have a winter baby they are what they are.

I agree that Children's Place doesn't stand up as well as Gymboree but since I only have 1 of each there won't be any handing down and we can't really afford Gymboree, though I wish we could.

Comment

Working...
                              X