Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mascara Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mascara Recs

Anybody use a good mascara that wont smudge? I've tried a couple (even waterproof) and I always have a nice smudge under my eyes after a few hours
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

The one that works for me is Maybelline Waterproof. It lasts all day without smudging, though if I sleep in it, it's all over. For my lower lashes I use "Lash Discovery" mini brush. For my upper lashes I use "Sky High Curves" if I can find it, otherwise I use "Full and Soft." I do wear under eye concealer and powder....don't know if that helps absorb the oils.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I use Maybeliine... it will smudge if I sleep in it, but never during regular daywear. The sorority sister who did my wedding makeup introduced me to it. It's a bit much for everyday wear, but it's really lasting and stays put. I wish I remembered the exact name. I think they've changed the packaging since I last bought it, and of course, the name has rubbed off the one I have as well. I know it's one of the waterproof options.
      Overall, I've had really positive experiences with Maybeline products.
      Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

I love love love Rimmel's waterproof mascara. Works great and it really is waterproof!
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

The sorority sister who did my wedding makeup introduced me to it. It's a bit much for everyday wear, but it's really lasting and stays put.
          This might be good--I usually don't even wear it everyday, but I noticed in the latter half of my bridal pictures it was smudging. After trying to remove nail polish with eye makeup remover for 5 minutes the other day, I've determined I am not sophisticated enough to do the whole makeup shebang every day!
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
            The one that works for me is Maybelline Waterproof. It lasts all day without smudging, though if I sleep in it, it's all over. For my lower lashes I use "Lash Discovery" mini brush. For my upper lashes I use "Sky High Curves" if I can find it, otherwise I use "Full and Soft." I do wear under eye concealer and powder....don't know if that helps absorb the oils.
            Haha, we were totally typing at the same time, and I love that our experiences are consistent.
            Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

I love Mary Kay Lash Lengthening Mascara. I'm not a fan of waterproof because it's so hard to remove. But this one doesn't smudge, and I've even cried wearing it, and it doesn't run.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Estee Lauder double wear is GREAT! It is not waterproof but it truly stays put. I have issues in the summer with mascara smudging under my eyes because it is so hot here but this stuff stays put and makes your lashes look beautiful. They very often give samples so you might be able to try it out for free.

I have also used a lacome waterproof mascara but I cannot remember which one, most of their are very good.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Re: Mascara Recs

Estee Lauder has a purple mascara that I love but I'm allergic and can't wear it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I've been a die hard Dior Show fan for years. It comes in both a regular and waterproof versions. I usually wear the regular one, it stays put extremely well and comes off easily. The waterproof will stay on no matter what but is a bitch to take off.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                      Dior in the silver tube
                      That's Iconic. LOVE LOVE LOVE that stuff. Were you the one that suggested Benefit Bad Gal? I keep meaning to try it.

Comment

I use the Bobbi Brown No Smudge. I really love it.

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/t...CT_ID=PROD9438
                        Brandi
                        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X