Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Grown Up Coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grown Up Coat

I need advice. I don't have a coat that's appropriate to wear outside to "grown up events" like the burial I'm supposed to go to on Saturday. It will be COLD and I'll be standing there in a parka I guess.

The issue is that I am sensitive to wool- I even bought a wool jacket, and the collar itches me so much. I tried to wear a scarf as a buffer, and it just is so uncomfortable!

Any ideas? I don't really like trench coats (at least not with military buttons all the way up- I like the softer collar of the traditional woman's wool coat).

Or is my fleece hoodie ok for this occasion!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

I think that whatever you wear will be fine. I don't know how easy it would be to find but I have an awesome wool coat with a scoop neck that doesn't ride on your neck to cause itching. I wear it with sweaters or turtlenecks and it doesn't bother me because it doesn't even have a collar. I got it at Banana Republic probably 2-years ago. Just a thought.

Comment

Lands End has a lot of great coats that would work.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Does one of your siblings have something you could borrow?

Comment

More likely my mom would. I'll see though. I have to go shopping because of course the boys don't have decent pants. Steven is a ridiculous size- like a 22 waist and a 25 inseam- so I have to get adjustable stuff for him. I haven't changed over completely to the winter clothes for the kids.

I tried on the coat with the one turtleneck I have (can you sense that I don't like things touching my neck?) and it didn't bother me that much lol. I don't know. I'll see what I can come up with. I think the burial is family only, and it's a day after the memorial service, so no one will really care. My kids will be wearing parkas- I have to get those out from storage too!

Maybe I'll talk them into stopping off at the Mall by the airport before we drive home. The kids (and DH) can eat at Rainforest Cafe and I can shop!
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm searching for a coat myself this week and a friend recommended Victoria's Secret online. They have a ton of coats to choose from and all are on sale this week. On top of the sale, coupon code SAVE20 or SALE20 (saw it on the website, but can't remember for sure which it was now) gives you 20% extra off. I'm thinking of buying one from them soon.

Comment

Working...
            X