Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Netflicks Users--Price Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflicks Users--Price Increase

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/07/...hp_p1&iref=NS1

We'll be dropping to a streaming-only plan or quitting altogether. DH has seen too many dystopian horror flicks from the 80s anyway.

After 1 year without cable, I really like it and am not sure I'm ever going back. I get annoyed when DH has the TV on at all now--the noise just gives me a headache.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

BOOOOOOOO!!! That sucks. I think I might drop altogether. I do stream more than I watch actual DVDs, but their Watch Instantly selection isn't exactly diverse.
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Poop! Guess we'll start shopping around...
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We might stay until September and then drop. Their stream instantly selection sucks. Might look into Hulu + (although that isn't movies).
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

What are the other options? Anyone use Amazon Prime?
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

We might drop ours all togethe and just get new release from redbox. The stream instantly is nice, but the selection wouldn't justify the cost.

Comment

I dropped them a few months ago because we weren't using it enough. Glad I did!!
              High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

I only use them for streaming...but I feel like I've gone through most of the stuff I want to watch. I definitely won't be increasing to DVDs now...

We have amazon prime but we've never used the streaming...I'll have to check out if they have a better selection...

Comment

DH uses it alot, but claims he will be dropping it out of protest. We'll see if he sticks to his guns, I think you have until September.

Comment

We use it a lot for the streaming and like being getting the DVDs from time to time, but I think we will drop it all together come September mostly out of protest. I might look into Amazon Prime and/or just rent things from Amazon or itunes if there is a movie we really want to see. I'm going to try to take this as an opportunity to try to decrease the amount of time we spend sitting in front of the computer.
                    Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

We'll drop the DVDs, but will keep the streaming.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Interesting. We've never streamed anything and use the DVD service exclusively so it's no big deal for us to drop to the DVD only option.
                        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We use both the DVDs and streaming (BBC miniseries and kids' shows mostly), but the cost of keeping both is just too much. I just checked, and having 2 DVDs at a time is cheaper than 1 DVD + streaming. I think I'll try keeping the kids satisfied with just Hulu selections, and if that doesn't work we'll try having a kids' and an adults' option out at any one time. It's still cheaper than cable. :\
                          Alison

Comment

I'm not thrilled about it, but will still pay it. I think it's still a pretty good deal, considering I used to pay $4 for a single movie rental which had to be hauled back to the store. (Seriously, SO grateful for the mail in option!) It will be interesting to see what happens with the competition heating up.

Comment

I liked the Netflix on Wii feature. Looks like you can watch Hulu on the Wii using PlayOn.tv
                              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                              X