Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Netflicks Users--Price Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have Verizon Fios ans just rent videos from that, and I use the Video on Demand alot for the free moives/shows. Also use Hulu.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We do Nerflix on Wii all the time. I'll have to check out Hulu for it.

Comment

Right now we are watching the Office, through streaming, so my guess is that we'll drop the DVD service in September, and once we get through the office, we may drop streaming, or look at other options.

I'll definitely have to check out hulu through the wii.

I don't know I was kinda ticked when I saw the price increase. Most of the streaming are old movies, so I think it should be free. I'm just waiting for it to switch to a pay per view type service for new releases, but I'd be fine with that too. I guess what really sucks, is that redbox is really their only competition (at least around here).
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Apparently you should listen when your customers scream:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/...bscribers-flee

That's an incredible drop.

We dumped our subscription a week ago. I don't miss it.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm curious to see where they go from here. They messed up, but they at least had the balls to admit to it and sort of attempt to rectify it.

We kept the streaming subscription, and I wouldn't be without it.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

We also ended up keeping the streaming. DH and the four-yr-old are very dependent on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                We also ended up keeping the streaming.
                Same here, use it for working out.
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

We kept streaming too.
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                    We kept streaming too.
                    Same here!
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
                      They admitted the mess up but how did they try to rectify it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      They didn't. At all.

Comment

True, they didn't take back the price increase, but they DID scrap their plans to completely separate the DVD subscription portion into Qwikster. I won't pretend to understand the company's finances, but they were facing a pretty hefty cost increase for the licensing renewals. Maybe I've gotten soft, but I personally think that $7.99 is a very reasonable amount to pay for access to a library of that size. None of the other services come even close. Trust me, I was outraged initially, and I considered jumping ship. Maybe I will someday when the competition is stronger, but that day has not come yet.
                        Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

I have access to a friend's Netflix streaming, and I also have access to the paid amazon prime free streaming videos...and they seem to have about the same stuff. I haven't checked very extensively, though; is there a bunch of stuff netflix has that amazon doesn't?
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I think Netflix has better selection. I have A prime too and most of the comparable things cost a few dollars.

Comment

See, I was never that impressed with the quality of what was available via streaming. Usually if I wanted to watch something it had to be DVD. DH loved it, but he watched all sorts of random crap--every dystopian nightmare movie out there! I'm actually glad it is gone because the constant movie watching got annoying. Life is better without cable or Netflix!
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

No, don't misunderstand...I think Netflix streaming is better than Amazon Prime right now, but overall the selection sucks and I still buy movies off of iTunes if we're going to watch a movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X