Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Maternity outfit help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maternity outfit help :)

So, I have my shower coming up next weekend, and I will be doing maternity pictures in a few weeks. All through this pregnancy, I've basically been wearing maternity T's and Old Navy maternity pants or skirts. I have two cute dresses, but they are 100% summer - which we are totally not in anymore

I'd like to get one outfit or dress (preferably a dress) to wear for both the shower and maternity pictures. I'd like it to be reasonably priced, since I'm not sure when else I'd really be wearing it - postpartum Thanksgiving, perhaps??? Maternity wear via consignment here is super slim pickins - even in the Chicago burbs, it's either super outdated or just the basics.

I'd also, if possible, like the dress/outfit to go with these beauties:

Any suggestions as to where I could go to look? I went online to Motherhood and LOFT, but didn't find anything that wowed me...
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Could you wear one of the dresses you have with leggings and a sweater? If you plan to nurse, you won't be wearing dresses post partum (no easy access to the girls).
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

My cousin just got a few cute outfits from a maternity store at the Aurora outlets. I know my cousin also gets a lot of her maternity wear from ebay.

Have you looked at Old Navy's maternity?
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Oooh just found this by googling:

http://www.emommie.com/maternity-clo...n-dresses.html
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
          Could you wear one of the dresses you have with leggings and a sweater? If you plan to nurse, you won't be wearing dresses post partum (no easy access to the girls).
          Didn't think about the nursing aspect postpartum. The summer dresses I have are summery not only in style but in print.
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
            Oohh this looks promising I'll have to investigate more when I'm not on my phone!
            Jen

Comment

Fourth trimester dressing is an evolution. I've always found it depressing because nothing seems to fit right. The first couple months or so post partum, I wear yoga pants, leggings, nursing tanks, and t-shirts or sweaters, maybe a loose machine-washable blouse or tunic if I have to dress up. After about 2 months, I add in cargo pants and elastic waist skirts. Now, at 3 months, I'm wearing jeans again, dress pants, nursing tanks, looser blouses, knit tops, cardigans, and jackets.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

That looks like a great site! I'm going to check it out, too - thanks!
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Do you know anyone the same size that you could borrow from. ??anyone here?? When I had my kids, we mailed maternity clothes all over the country!!! Again, and again, and again.
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

What about something like this?
                    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=827334002

There's an extra 30% off sale right now (I believe it's GAP30). This sweater dress can easily be dressed up or down and I think with leggings/tights will go with the boots. I would generally suggest getting a sweater dress. You can even get a non-maternity one, just go a size up. They stretch pretty well and usually regain shape after dry cleaning.

Comment

I've seen that one in the store. It might be worth it for that price, but t was kind of awkward. Kind of like a nightgown.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                      X