Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gift DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift DVD

I'm starting to think Christmas gifts... I think it might be fun to create a DVD of our videos of DS for his grandparents. What I'm looking for is a way I can load our videos, create a navigation screen (like the menu of most DVDs), and design the label of the DVD and case. Does this exist? I can create a DVD on my computer, and I have as a backup for myself, but it would be really neat if I could make it look more professional and not just written on with a Sharpie...
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Yes, you can buy printable labels at any office supply store or walmart, jewel cases, dvd cases, whatever you need. Easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

But what about the navigation screen? I'm curious too...
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I made a dvd using the program on my Macbook, iMove I think. It was really easy to edit everything and it allowed you to create the menu and all that. I even added music and used photos too.
        Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

I've used iMovie with a lot of success, too. Costco does the same thing, though I don't think it looks quite as nice. There are other services out there too.

I use the printable labels for my photo biz and I really like them.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Ah, I didn't think about printable labels! Do they stay on pretty well long term? I may check out DVD software... I have a free one that I used, but the navigation screen options are really boring. I don't have a Mac. Any recommendations for software, or do they make iMovie for Windows?
            Laurie

Comment

No iMovie for Windows (Bill Gates would die), but there might be some decent free software online?

I always send the CDs to clients so I don't know how the labels last long term, but they really seem to stick on there well. Be careful when you put it on (put the CD in a jewel case first) because once it touches the CD you are done!
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Thanks!
                Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                  No iMovie for Windows (Bill Gates would die)
                  Love you, ST
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I've used Windows Live movie maker. It is fairly easy to use and the DVD's function well. I am not thrilled with the menu screens, but the rest of the functionality is good.
                    Kris

Comment

Working...
                    X