Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite brand for kid coats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite brand for kid coats?

This isn't exciting retail therapy but last year's coats sucked. I bought them at JCPenney and they were horrid - barely lasted the season.

Who makes the best, reasonably priced kids' outerwear in your opinion?

Columbia. I used to be a manager for Talbots kids( way back when they existed)... they made amazing coats but always sold Columbia as well. If I needed cold climate coats I' d go that route.
    http://www.columbia.com/kids/kids,default,sc.html

Comment

I've been very happy with Lands End coats as well (and they're on ebates).

Comment

We are smack in the middle of winter weather hell land. Best coats for our kids have been Columbia, Burton, and 686. Pretty much any brand that also makes snow boarding gear will have decent winter crap.

The Burton stuff is SPENDY, but totally worth the cost. I usually start searching for whatever the kids are lacking during the summer when prices are lowest. You can usulally find $300 Burton snowboarding jackets around here for less than $50 in August. Granted, they're "last season", but my kids don't care. And we've given away our too-small Burtons because they're still in good shape and have a TON of life left.

Comment

Mom bought DD a London Fog coat last year and it's so warm and cute. It still looks brand new!
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

LL Bean...love them and their easy exchange/return policies. Their stuff is also made to last forever or they will exchange or fix it.
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

We have a Columbia outlet in our little town and bought the boy a great coat last winter that will work for this winter too. While our winters are short, we have had snow here and there.
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We got Columbia this year. When the girls were younger we used Land's End. Great for passing down. I love their boots, too.
                Needs

Comment

We have a toddler Columbia jacket that will have seen six winters use. www.Campmor.com has good deals occasionally.
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Costco is selling London Fog kids coats right now... $22ish. We bought one for dd, I'll let you know how it works later.
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I've used Lands End coats and boots for the past few years and they've held up well. There customer service is great too.
                      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Thanks for all the recs. I shall probably pass on the $300 coat though. Stinks that my girls are all SO close in age and size that I can't really pass stuff down.

Off to see who is on ebates!

Comment

Do you have a Macy's? I found my girls' coats on sale there -- $80-90 coats for $35 each. They are warm and cute.
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I do!! I'll have to check it out. I'm generally too lazy to go to the mall and order everything online.

Comment

Lands End is on ebates & I enjoy the fact that I can just take any returns to Sears.

Comment

Working...
                              X