Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Nordstrom Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nordstrom Rack

Tell me about it! One just opened up about 25 minutes from here. I can't wait to go! Anyone have any info about it? What are the prices like? Tj Maxxish? orrr more nordstromish? Is it organized or more like a big bin?
    It opened 2 weeks AFTER the baby was born, who of course hates the car, so we haven't gone yet.
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Love it. Miss it. Higher end than TJ Maxx but good prices. Nice organized stores.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I like it, but I avoid going on weekends, because I find the lines way too long and the store way too messy... but that might just be a local thing.
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Ours can be really messy and unorganized. I want to like it but haven't found anything good there yet...
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I went there for a dress... I can never find one. But shoes, a sports bra and accessories... I ended up walking out with an armful. Whoops. I agree with others the lines on the weekends are something I like to avoid and it can get just as disorganized as a TJ Maxx depending on the location.
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Ours just opened. I have been twice. I don't think its somewhere you go looking for something specific, unless its denim. I think its a place to go and see what you find. I haven't found anything for myself yet but found several things for Adele.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

More Nordstromy. However, the check outs are like TJ Maxx. That place is packed everyday! The shoe aisles are crowded, especially. I like the place though. I would try to get there close to opening.
              Needs

Comment

I used to buy a lot of my girls' clothes there when they were younger. Love it!
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Yeah, you can maybe find denim if you don't have short legs. I need 30" or 31" inseams, and can *never* find any there. Shoes, though...man, they always have lots of shoes at great prices. I got a returned (but no wear) pair of Danskos for like 1/3 of normal full price a few months ago. It's always a crapshoot, but they get new stuff in ALL the time.

I still remember going to the basement of the flagship Nordy's as a kid with my mom, which eventually turned into the rack. That places was *nuts* - cardboard boxes and banquet tables full of last season's stuff from upstairs. I used to find a quiet corner and sit and watch the women pawing through piles of clothes.
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                    Yeah, you can maybe find denim if you don't have short legs. I need 30" or 31" inseams, and can *never* find any there.
                    Ditto! I still love it, though. There is one within walking distance from office and I don't think I've purchased shoes anywhere else since they moved in. Seems to be feast or famine. I either buy nothing or my cart is full.

Comment

I remember when I was a kid my mom always took us to Filene's Basement in NY. That place was like a dream for me then, but it would be a nightmare for me now! It was just bins and bins of random stuff! It was like a treasure hunt then, now I would probably only last a few minutes.
                      -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Love rack. Great shoe's, accessories, and hanky lanky underwear. (anyone who hasn't tried these needs to!). Clothes, as everyone else said is hit or miss. Lastly, don't expect nordstrom service.

....and great for workout clothes!

Comment

I'm not patient enough for the rack. I've only been to two of them, and they were beyond crazy! But it was on the weekend...if there was one in my area, I'd totally give it another shot.

Although now that MissMartini mentioned that they have Hanky Panky...best underwear ever!!!
                          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I think it's a great place for shoes. Because I wear odd (=big) sizes, I prefer shoes to be sorted by size than by style, which they do. Seeing 10 great styles of shoe only to have none available in my size just puts me in a bad mood.

I also got an awesome coat from Nordstrom Rack last spring.
                            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I'm not a fan...I've had more luck at TJMaxx and the prices still seemed high at Nordstrom Rack
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X