Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wedding Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Registry

Does anyone remember their favorite wedding gift and/or the best thing they registered for?

I would love some opinions

I'm no help. We didn't register anywhere and planned our wedding in about two weeks. We're super laid-back peeps.

Comment

I wish we had done things that way! We've been planning for nearly a year now. I really wanted a small destination type wedding, but that is not all what we are having!! (my mom is very opinionated!!).

After all these years of spending so much $$$ on friends' weddings and baby showers, I thought I would have a lot of fun with this... turns out that asking for gifts feels pretty awkward! And I am pretty sure it will be a long time before we have any use for typical registry items... right now it just seems like more stuff to move!!

Comment

My Kitchenaid mixer is by far the wedding gift that I use the most. And I love it...probably too much.
        -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

We were moving from college dorms into our first apartment, so our registry was all basic stuff - vacuum, toaster, pans, utensils, everyday china, etc. Since you probably have that stuff, maybe some nice serving pieces? Or if I had a do-over, I think I might have a Tupperware registry/shower. They have awesome stuff, and people just order what they want to get for you at the party. It sounds really fun, and easy for the guests. They have tons of products in every price range.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Household and/or kitchen crap that we love:

-Keurig
            -good quality knives
            -KitchenAid mixer w/various extra attachments
            -yogurt maker

Comment

I know some of y'all rag on picture frames, but my favorite by far was a glass frame that had our wedding invitation etched in it and holds a 4x6 photo. I actually just ordered one for a friends upcoming wedding. They're from personalizationmall.com if you want to check it out...I don't know how you would register for it though

Comment

90 percent of our gifts are sitting in storage in my parents basement for the next three years until residency is done. The few things we took with us for right now are our new toaster, crock pot, laundry sorter, and of course we kept the Wii . I love my new kitchen gadgets and containers. I realllllllly love bed bath and beyonds customer service. Every time we got a gift that we wanted shipped somewhere else, all we had to do was take it back to the store and they would ship it, no questions asked. It was so wonderful.
                -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                  My Kitchenaid mixer is by far the wedding gift that I use the most. And I love it...probably too much.
                  Took the words out of my mouth. I love my kitchenaid. And you can also register for all the attachments (I have the pasta ones and the meat grinder...they also have an icrecream maker attachment, a juicer attachment and a few others that I want). It's amazing and so multi-functional! Also, it's amazing for making pizza dough (the dough hook attachment is a lifesaver).

I wish I would have asked for nice knives too (they can be super expensive as a set, but a perfect price for someone looking for a nice gift to give as individual knives); I would register for the individual knives and block for this reason.

A couple sets of pyrex containers...I have several containers (and I still usually end up needing more when I store in the freezer). Amazing for storing leftovers in the freezer/microwaving/packing lunches/prepping recipes.

A nice grater if you don't have one (I have three...it's ridiculous, but I actually use all three, haha).

A dutch oven (La Creuset if you think someone will buy it; otherwise I know there are some nice substitutes...you don't get as amazing quality, but still). On that note, La Creuset also makes really nice casserole dishes for not too expensive that I love love love (I use it at least once a week, usually more).

Various bakeware (seriously, a good cookie sheet makes all the difference)...cake pans, bundt pan, etc.

I would stay away from china though, unless it's everyday stuff...it's a pain to store and people so rarely use it...

Comment

Took the words out of my mouth. I love my kitchenaid. And you can also register for all the attachments (I have the pasta ones and the meat grinder...they also have an icrecream maker attachment, a juicer attachment and a few others that I want). It's amazing and so multi-functional! Also, it's amazing for making pizza dough (the dough hook attachment is a lifesaver).
                    I have the artisan (stainless steel bowl) with the top that hinges up...there is another version that is a little harder to use.

I wish I would have asked for nice knives too (they can be super expensive as a set, but a perfect price for someone looking for a nice gift to give as individual knives); I would register for the individual knives and block for this reason.
                    MIL got these for us--also amazing

A couple sets of pyrex containers...I have several containers (and I still usually end up needing more when I store in the freezer). Amazing for storing leftovers in the freezer/microwaving/packing lunches/prepping recipes.
                    Also use these all the time for the same uses--I like not worrying about microwaving plastic

A nice grater if you don't have one (I have three...it's ridiculous, but I actually use all three, haha).
                    Yup--the microplane ones

A dutch oven (La Creuset if you think someone will buy it; otherwise I know there are some nice substitutes...you don't get as amazing quality, but still). On that note, La Creuset also makes really nice casserole dishes for not too expensive that I love love love (I use it at least once a week, usually more).
                    I surprisingly got two and use them ALL THE TIME.

I also use the following all the time:

Stainless steel mixing bowls
                    Nice stainless steel silverware/plates (we went for mid-level on each instead of china/real silverware)
                    Glasses from Crate & barrel--so when they break, I just go buy more of what I need
                    Immersion Blender--never used my normal blender
                    I've never used my food processor, but I use this once a week: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...&cm_ite=729376
                    Nice bath towels
                    Instant meat thermometer--I don't overcook meat nearly as often now
                    Williams Sonoma Goldtouch cake pans

I'd recommend a registry like wishpot.com, amazon.com, or myregistry.com that allows you to choose from multiple websites--I didn't like being confined to one store.

I hate Target registries now. Someone on here warned me about them and I've seen the light now...the dang thing never updated, added random items, and you can only return $70 of merchandise without a receipt (used to be $200, which is still ridiculously low)
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                      90 percent of our gifts are sitting in storage in my parents basement for the next three years until residency is done. The few things we took with us for right now are our new toaster, crock pot, laundry sorter, and of course we kept the Wii . I love my new kitchen gadgets and containers. I realllllllly love bed bath and beyonds customer service. Every time we got a gift that we wanted shipped somewhere else, all we had to do was take it back to the store and they would ship it, no questions asked. It was so wonderful.
                      That's awesome! Thank you for the info! I've imagined our gifts chilling in my parents basement for a few years too (until very recently almost all of our stuff was there - so why should wedding gifts be any different!). After spending so much money to move (eww it makes me sick to think about!), I have no desire to pay to ship wedding gifts out here! My mom had some solution to this whole issue (I can't remember what it was), but the BB&B thing is very good know!

Comment

Thank you all - this is amazingly helpful!

I've been dreaming about having a KitchenAid mixer (and a kitchen that was actually big enough to store one in!) for years, so that is definitely going on the list! And I knew about the ice cream attachment, but I will check out the other ones too! All of the other suggestions are great too!

Williams Sonoma Goldtouch cake pans
                        - I love these too!

I'd recommend a registry like wishpot.com, amazon.com, or myregistry.com that allows you to choose from multiple websites--I didn't like being confined to one store.
                        awesome tip - I've had a hard time with the one store thing too!

I hate Target registries now. Someone on here warned me about them and I've seen the light now...the dang thing never updated, added random items, and you can only return $70 of merchandise without a receipt (used to be $200, which is still ridiculously low)
                        wow - this is also a very good tip!

Comment

Target is the worst place ever to register. Seriously.
                          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I never would have guessed that. I am so glad that I posted this! We didn't have target in the city we just moved from (or we did, but we didn't have cars - so we didn't travel to the few there were). I'm obsessed with it (and costco) now and would have absolutely made the mistake of registering there.
                            Last edited by JDAZ11; 11-14-2011, 05:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

It sucks because they have great stuff at good prices. But Its seriously an FU attitude when it comes to registry customer service
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X