Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vegas Spa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, DH wasn't very excited when he saw there were no prices I won't be spending that much.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I found the prices - ouch!! If you're going tues-thurs you'll save $10 per treatment (huge savings, lol). I guess they don't have a 50min stone massage - but they may do it if you ask. You may also be able to swing a custom package deal if you ask - some of the spas here will do that (the resorts here are not doing all that well and I hear the same is true in Vegas).

I'd also check out the mandarin's spa. They have really good yelp reviews and slightly better prices.

Comment

I guess I'm cheap, but I'd get a massage and then just enjoy everything else the spa has to offer. Bring a book or magazine you've been wanting to read, and enjoy the sounds of no kids!! Then, I'd splurge on an awesome dinner!
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclub/i...f_Services.pdf

Certainly not the world's least expensive spa!!!! I'd cut the pedicure (but that's just me). I'm usually more than happy with a regular nail salon pedi, plus I wouldn't want the wet polish thing to get in the way of fully enjoying the experimental rains and crystal steam room..... I really love the way I look after a facial - so I would try to sneak that in, but I agree the massage is #1 on the priority list.

Comment

The bellagio spa also has better prices and good yelp reviews.

Comment

I'm not set on that spa its just one a friend recommended. We are already planning at least 2 very nice dinners as well. We'll have 3 nights there, 2 1/2 days when DH is in conference and then we'll head home.

Comment

I am not a spa kind of person - I get bored and never find it relaxing for multiple reasons. Maybe if I had a room just to myself. lol. Anyway, how about trying a place off the strip? Like this one http://www.theplatinumhotel.com/location/

The prices are more reasonable. http://www.theplatinumhotel.com/well-spa/spa-menu.cfm We did this once while I was visiting a friend...not in Vegas. We skipped out on the hotel spa and found an awesome place where it was 1/3 less and just as nice if not more because there were not as many people.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

If you are going to splurge then go for Canyon Ranch, it is worth the extra money and a once in a lifetime experience. Don't downgrade for this trip, you deserve a special treat.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                    If you are going to splurge then go for Canyon Ranch, it is worth the extra money and a once in a lifetime experience. Don't downgrade for this trip, you deserve a special treat.
                    So true!! You totally deserve it! But I've been to a mandarin spa.. Trust me it's not even close to slumming it!

Also - before you book the pedi you should ask if it's in the spa or the solan. I had a pricey 80min pedi at pebble beach and was so annoyed when I had to leave the spa area (for 275 bucks you shouldn't have to listen to hair dryers!). Another super nice resort spa here has the same arrangement- maybe its just me, but it's good to know what your signing up for.

Comment

HAVE FUN!

When we were there in October, I was quite content just sitting on a bench BY MYSELF! I had planned to go to the spa, but just being able to go to the bathroom by myself was awesome. Enjoy whatever you decide to do -- and splurge! You deserve it!
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Well I also made sure we got a fountain/strip view room so staying in the room will be on the agenda too! To bad the pools won't be open yet

Comment

OMG at those prices! We are going to Vegas for a week and staying at the Venetian, but I don't think I'll be going anywhere near that spa! all though I think we have some type of acces to a part of the spa for a small fee.

Comment

I'm not going to go to that one. I'm just going to stay at the one in our hotel. I need to make the reservation still but since we're going to splurge for a nice night out too I can't justify the expense of the really nice spa.

Comment

Have fun! I'm so excited about our Vegas trip! Let me know what your favorite places are.

Comment

Working...
                              X