Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Front loader washing machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front loader washing machine

We have to buy a new washing machine! Not the kind of retail therapy I am interested in. I am looking for recommendations for brands. Any suggestions?
    Needs

I will ask my sister, she LOVES hers and I used it when I was there at Christmas and also loved it.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

This is the one my sister has.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_348157-149-W...etInfo=Samsung

Comment

They don't make ours anymore or I'd recommend it (it's a Kenmore from Sears). Have you looked on Craigslist? I had to buy a new dryer a few months ago and got a great deal on a used one. We got an industrial sized dryer for less than a new one at a store. It came with a 1 year warranty.
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I have a Samsung that I love.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I also have a Samsung that I love.
            -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

I have LG Tromms that I love. But I've heard others complain about them. I've had mine for 5+ years.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

We have a Whirlpool Duet. Love it!
                Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I know we have talked about this before but I have to chime in so no one makes the same mistake as us. We hate our front loader. We have a Whirpool Duet Steam. If you want reasons as to why we hate it, I can list them...one of them does entail having had a major repair when it was only 2 yrs old.
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Maytag 4000 series here. I love mine after almost one year exactly, but reviews are mixed.
                    Alison

Comment

I'd also say that if you're getting a front loader, make sure you leave the doors open when not in use. I really think most of the issues people have had are with dampness and moisture on the seal.
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I also love mine- It's a whirlpool but I don't remember which one.

Get one that has the sanitary rinse- it's basically a super hot, long wash for the machine where all you put in is bleach. They recommend once a month.

also, ditto to drying the door and the seals and leaving the door open when it's not in use. I just keep a stack of old washclothes on the machine and wipe things off and then toss it in the next load.

J.

Comment

YES if you don't have room to leave the door open DO.NOT.GET a front loader!

In our current rental the W&D is in the small area between the entrance from the garage into the house. I can't leave the door open because then you wouldn't be able to get through there and I HATE that washer because of it. Its near impossible to keep the smell out of it.

Comment

We've had a WP Duet for 6 or 7 years with no problems and loved it. Then a sock got stuck in between the metal drum and the surrounding plastic boot causing the plastic to shread. The repairs are too costly to warrant fixing. There are so many choices.
                            Needs

Comment

Huh. I never knew that you should leave the door open. We've had ours for over 5 years and we always shut the door. We haven't had any smell issues. We do bleach rinses though - every time I wash diapers (cloth) I do a rinse with bleach.

Guess that's my "learn something new" for today!
                              Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X