Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Jeans - How Should They Fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love ATL Curvy Boot. My waist was always one size smaller than my hips/butt. These jeans fit my body shape at least before this pregnancy. We'll see afterward.
    Needs

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      Crabette, I guess I mean the jeans are falling off of me so that the crotch of the pants is actually several inches below my actual groin. Like I'm trying to immitate a penguin, perhaps? The rise just gets all stretched out. That and having to hike up the jeans is a bigger problem for me than baggy butt. I don't have much back there anyway. It's likely that I'm wearing a size (or 2?) Too big but I seem to have this problem with both sizes in my closet. But I don't think I could squeeze into a size smaller without major muffin top.
      This is me - I always get the size to avoid he muffin top but then (as everyone has said), they stretch and I get the saggy butt. High rise has not worked for me but low rise has (not too low). I think lower rise works because I am more boy shaped. I sometimes feel like my waist is as wide as my hips. The high rise may work for you MrsK because you said you were curvy. I think some of it has to do with the stretch fabric that makes the jeans comfortable too. The last pair I bought were from White House Black Market ($59) and I now wish I had gotten one size smaller because the stretch reeeeally stretches and by the end of the day they are falling off. Like Laurie said, I need a belt and try to always wear one.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I'm thinking that the rise may also get stretched out through the day because I sit cross-legged on the floor while playing eith the kids or nursing. Ugh!
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Lower rise was fine pre baby but not so great post. High waist is your friend and investing into a higher end pair or two. Check out outlets and online sales. I get Joe's jeans at a local outlet for $40 a pop. I've actually tried on a few pairs of Not Your Daughter's jeans but they don't fit me at all. I think they require a more curvier shape. I prefer 7s and Joe's. Both last much better and stretch out much less than Lucky. I also have to wear a belt with all of my jeans because I don't have much hips or butt to hold them up on my own. I do have to hike them back up after sitting on the floor but I think you'd have to do that with just about any style and shape.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
            This is twice what I have paid for jeans but they're selvedge denim, made in North Carolina, and cut for women. I may have to have these when I get a new job.

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11235773
            Huh. The text on that page says "woven and dyed in North Carolina on vintage looms"...but the logo on the main "made in the USA" page says "made in the USA of imported fabric" I wonder which it is?
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Ah. That makes sense.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Perfect timing! 7 jeans are on sale at hautelook.com tomorrow!

If anybody wants an invite, send me a PM.
                I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

How much are we talking?
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure how much they'll be...right now the stuff on the site is between 40-80% off. I'll try to post the prices tomorrow when the sale is listed.

Ps. they do have some seriously cute baby stuff on sale from time to time. I just bought this for for an unknown baby: http://www.babyaspen.com/hippo-hooded-bath-robe.html. Originally $37.50, I got it for $17.50 on Haute Look. Yes, it's kind of expensive for a baby robe, but I seriously couldn't resist.

Ok, back to jeans...

Comment

7 jeans never go below $90-100 online (authorized resellers). I've gotten better deals in stores.

Comment

That is true but I thought it would be worth a try! Although shopbop will sometimes have them for even cheaper.

Haute look has them for $79-$119, so yeah, you'd be better off getting them at a brick and mortar store.

Comment

Not jeans related: but holy crap, that hippo robe is darling. Adding it to the list of things I don't need but really want.

Comment

Ok, so I'm shopping right now. Appears that I should be wearing my jeans 3 sizes smaller for one thing. $178 for Joes? $169 for 7s? $104 for NYDJ? I cannot spend $500 on jeans today. And I need to decide between styles. I'm thinking of bringing them all home and sending you all photos for a jury to decide. So overwhelmed?

Comment

CP, do they have petites on hautelook? Even the petites are long on me. If I attempt to hem a regular, I'll loose the flare on a bootcut jean.

Comment

Hmmm...today they don't, but I'm not sure if they have many sales with petite lines. I'm too tall to be petite so I've honestly never paid attention! I spend my lunch break browsing shopping sites, so I'll keep me eye out if I see anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X