Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Jeans - How Should They Fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, I bought a pair of second-hand Joe's for $40. I flove them. I haven't floved a pair of jeans since. . . I dunno, ever? Definitely a time long before I was pregnant with K1. Thank you CP and Vishinka! Now I need to keep stalking my favorite recycled fashion store.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Look for Provocateur petite fit. They pop up on Hautelook once in a while.

Comment

Can someone send me an invite for Hautelook?

Comment

I love Joe's, and also Hudson.
          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Joes and 7s don't fit me well. Any other suggestions?
            Needs

Comment

MrsK, PM me your email address if you still need an invite and I'll send you one.

Phoebe, have you tried J Brand? I really like them, but sometimes their inseam is a little short for me, so I've only found one pair that I love on me. Some of my friends love Current/Elliott, but I've never owned a pair.
              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I really like j brand and Paige (but I also like 7s and joes... So may not be what you're looking for). Oh - I've had two pairs of rock & republic that I really liked (but that was a few years ago - haven't tried any of theirs on in a while).

J brand is probably the most flattering on me, but the Paige jeans always make my butt look great (and really, it isn't - so that is quite an accomplishment!!).

Comment

Oops! Didn't see your post CP!

Comment

Hautelook has Not Your Daughter's jeans today. They also have petite and plus sizes. Happy Shopping.

Comment

I totally thought of this thread the other week; I was at Goodwill, and they had a pair of Joe's. For FIVE DOLLARS. IN MY SIZE. And then I went to try them on, and they were way too small. I was very sad.
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Do you have a referral link for Hautelook? I probably won't buy today, but I'd be happy to sign up through you of you get a reward!
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I found some Joes and Seven jeans at second hand stores for $20-$40. I also got a pair of NYDJ on clearance. The NYDJs are very comfy but they run big and I can probably wear a size smaller than I'm wearing. (Don't hate me. I'm wearing a size 2p and our store doesn't carry 0p.) They do tend to sag in the behind at the end of the day but I don't have to hike them up since the waist fits high.

Comment

Anybody have any experience with Banana Republic Jeans? I figure they would be similar to Gaps, but then again Gap jeans are a big step up from Old Navy jeans. A friend with a similar body shape recommended them to me.

I need some jeans stat! Something magical happened with my hips, so I am suddenly able to fit in normal sizes again and the post-baby jeans I bought look awful.
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm feeling lame that I haven't heard of half of these labels. LOL.

I have a body much like Mrs. K except I've got hamstrings and quadriceps galore. I like jeans with a bit of Spandex. I now know that I have to size down if I don't want jeans to look dumpy and stretched out by the end of the day. What fit is the one between the Momjean look and the low rise? No one needs to see all my lady bits vis a vis a low rise jean. Darker rinses also seems to be more flattering. Besides I still have eighties flash backs to my acid rinse days whenever I see a pair that is too light in color. LOL

Recently I have been pleased with pants from White House Black Market. I've kind of boycotted Ann Taylor Loft because their product quality has gone way down while prices have risen. I used to be a die hard and now I tell everyone I know that their stuff is crap.

Of course, I'm the queen of the Yoga pant, so don't take fashion advice from me!
                              Last edited by houseelf; 03-13-2012, 12:55 PM.
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Totally agree about LOFT. Used to be my favorite go to store and now it's just a step above Kohls but with better fit.
                                Tara
                                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                                X