Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fashion help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    On FB, they have a "Dog Show Fashion Police" page, where people post REAL PICTURES of handlers/owners/spectators from actual shows. Best. thing. ever.
    O. M. G.

I'm now furiously googling that shit.

Comment

So, I just got notification that they have asked me and one other girl to be "featured extras." Here is what the email said:

"You'll be asked to walk down a hallway and glare at the main character as he abruptly confronts one of the
      other characters. You'll be walking down the hallway to the bathroom together and there will no spoken lines.
      Please confirm that you can work tomorrow and you will need to bring 4 different outfits, all upscale, all
      classic and not too bright. Wardrobe will choose the best one. Please wear a base makeup and clean
      hair that will be done by our makeup and hair people."

How fun! I have two outfits for sure, but need to find two more. Any suggestions? I have two LBD's that will work, and a pair of sparkly shoes as well as black pumps. What about hose? Nude or black?
      Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 02-14-2012, 04:17 PM.
      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Super fun!!!
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I vote for nude.

Sounds so fun. Have a great time!!

Comment

That's cool that you'll be "featured"! And that they're going to do hair and makeup! Since they want lots of options, I'd bring either a suit or slacks, in case they'd prefer that over dresses.

My other advice is to be prepared to spend a ton of time standing around waiting for things to happen.
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
              My other advice is to be prepared to spend a ton of time standing around waiting for things to happen.
              A few other friends have warned me of this as well. I'm worried about my energy level and having a hot flash while I'm there, but that's what my little "menopause" fan is for.

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                I vote for nude.

Sounds so fun. Have a great time!!
                I just read my post and realized that it could totally be read the wrong way. Oops! I was of course referring to the choice of nude v black pantyhose NOT the other two outfit options.

Comment

Sounds like fun! I would say just foundation as far as makeup goes - they probably just want to be able to adjust everything else based on the outfit chosen...
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                    I just read my post and realized that it could totally be read the wrong way. Oops! I was of course referring to the choice of nude v black pantyhose NOT the other two outfit options.
                    LOL, I knew what you meant.

Comment

OK, spill it, sister! How'd it go?

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                        OK, spill it, sister! How'd it go?
                        I was just wondering the same thing.

Comment

It was exhausting!! I had to be there at 10am and they wanted me to stay until midnight, and I said no way because I had a kiddo at home and an early procedure tomorrow. Because I didn't stay I won't be in the other restaurant scenes (just people eating), but I am cool with that. Being an extra is not something I care to do again, and can now cross it off my Bucket list.

There were over 100 extras there for the main restaurant scene. Luckily they did my part around 1pm, and we did 20 takes (changing lenses, the actor's lines, etc.). It was a lot of fun and I had an opportunity to chat up the main character ("Nick", David Giuntoli) a bit. Such a nice guy, and apparently he and the crew are loving filming here in Portland.

I am so proud of myself for getting out of the house and doing this. However, I am paying for it tonight. This girl is tired and so are my feet (walking up and down stairs in heels a gazillion times hurts!). I think the episode will air sometime in April.

Comment

Yeah, can't wait to see the episode! So, what did you end up wearing? How was your makeup? Let me live vicariously through you

Comment

I wore an Express LBD that has some shimmer and sparkle to it. Black tights, black peep toe pumps, and a little black sweater (wardrobe asked me to wear the sweater because the dress was dressier than the main female character the main guy was arguing with during our scene). Makeup was smoky eye with subdued lips, and they put my curly hair into an updo.

Comment

Were you able to get a pic of yourself all done up?
                                Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X