Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

hip mom is NOT an oxymoron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any LV bags have internal pockets? I have a Speedy, and it's impossible to find anything in that beast. Is he neverfull the same? I've been contemplating getting one, but sadly there is no LV around to check it out.

Sorry to hijack!
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

My Neverfull has one big pocket, which is all I need. Since its a tote, things don't really get lost in it.

Comment

I call it my workhorse. That thing is unbreakable and I do not baby it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
          My Neverfull has one big pocket, which is all I need. Since its a tote, things don't really get lost in it.
          I just use smaller bags/cosmetic type cases inside my biggest LV. It helps... Most of the time

Comment

I love my Dooney and Bourke bags...there is plenty of storage space in them.

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
              I just use smaller bags/cosmetic type cases inside my biggest LV. It helps... Most of the time
              Oh but I do have one with two internal pockets (very small pockets). I totally forget what it is called.. it isn't a speedy... But kind of similar- flat bottom with rounded top. Anyhow, that one is old too - it has a little cell phone pocket which doesn't really fit an iPhone all that well - I just use that for keys now. The problem with that one is the handles don't fit over my arm, so it's kind of annoying as an everyday bag (although I used it as one for a bit). I tend to use that one when we go out to dinner or something when DH is on call because it is just big enough to fit an iPad (for those fun times when he looks at scans during dinner).

Comment

I don't have a "diaper bag" either, I carry this Baggalini tote bag:

http://www.bagsbuy.com/baggallini-on...121601/1006100

It has tons of inside pockets, three separate compartments (one zipped), and the material is nice and sturdy.

I like it, and have gotten lots of compliments on it.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I have a Coach tote from the Poppy line. Holy moly, that thing is a workhorse. I am NOT easy on handbags, it has had milk spilled in it, food, make-up, etc. and the interior cleans up like a dream. It only has a few pockets so it's kind of like a huge cavern but it works for me because I typically find pockets a PITA because they never are designed for the things I would use them for. For my next baby I'm going with a Disney Dooney and Bourke like this: http://www.disneystore.com/disney-st...atchallpartial

Have fun shopping!!
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

If we need to pack up things for the kids I just throw them in a LLBean tote. I'm not organized enough for pockets.
                    -Ladybug

Comment

When I didn't want to carry my diaper baby + purse, I always opted to put a few diapers, wipes & changing pad in my giant Dooney & Burke purse. I carried that for 2 years -- it was perfect (and still is, but I needed a change).
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Walked past the Marc Jacobs store today... Super cute bags with lots of pockets!! You should definitely check them out

Comment

I keep a Kate Spade diaper bag in the car (with all the baby related stuff) and have a large Marc Jacobs as my purse. We are usually never too far from the car and in that case, I have the basket on the bottom of the stroller. Just in case though, I have one diaper and some wipes in a large ziplock in my purse.

I would look at Kate Spade bags at an outlet (or during their numerous online sales). I like their nylons because they're super light and can be wiped clean. Although after a couple of years of abuse, the stitching on the handle is becoming undone.

Comment

Kate spade, Marc Jacobs, and hobo international are some of my favs. One day I will own a Hermes bag. They r beautiful!!
                            Brandi
                            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

What I did was I cut out part of a changing pad that I had never used. It had the mesh thing with the zipper with pockets that you can put diapers and bottles in. Then I put that inside my Longchamp tote (which only has one pocket), and voila- diaper bag! The mesh compartmenty thing basically lines the inside of the bag even though it isn't attached. Because it's the right size, it basically just stays in place. Like other people have said, I also keep various little pouches with zippers inside so it's easy to find things. Ziploc bags are great for that too in a pinch. I only recently starting using the Longchamp bag as a diaper bag, so I don't know how it will hold up, given the fact that the material is quite thin, but the upside of thin material is that it's very lightweight-unlike the actual diaper bag I have which was super heavy. So hard to find the perfect bag, right?

Comment

Kate Spade is having a big online sale, http://www.katespade.com/SampleshopH...ault%2cpg.html

Comment

Working...
                                X