Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Top Loaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Top Loaders

I know the front loaders are the thing to have now but does anyone have one of the newer top loaders? We were at Sears today researching a new W&D for our house and we were looking at the front loaders when a salesman started telling us about the virtues of the new top loaders, they're significantly cheaper too...

Anyone??
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Ours isn't that new, probably 2-3 years old, but we have two of the HE top loaders (no agitator) and we love them. We had one and liked it so much that we got the same one when we got a second washer/dryer for our basement. They are made by Kenmore, hold a ton, and the cycle length isn't as long as some front loaders I have seen. We got ours at a Sears appliance outlet.....I would recommend checking there if there is one close by.
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Front loaders supposedly last 4 to 7 years, according to the repairmen I recently spoke with. Top loaders last longer. My friend recently bought Samsung top loader washer and dryer and are very happy with them. Her husband did a lot of research.
      Needs

Comment

My mom has one and loves hers. You can fit just as much in those as in a front loader. I personally prefer the front loader because it's right next to the dryer and it's super easy to transfer. And because it gives me an extra surface to pile crap on.

Comment

My mom has one of the agitator free top loaders by kennmore and loves it.
          Kris

Comment

So I'm reading lots of reviews and people are complaining that they have to use the heavy or bulky settings to get enough water to get clothes clean, especially kid stained clothes. I'm also reading that you have to carefully lay the clothes around the edge, making sure the agitator is clear for it to work right.

Sally have you found that with yours? (Or anyone else?)
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I have both types HE top loaders: agitator &agitator free. I hated my agitator free (Maytag Neptune) for 2 reasons. The first being that I needed the option to soak things and it didn't allow for that& my loads (w/lots of little kids clothes)often came out in a big knotted ball; *it was a total PITA.
              My other one (Whirlpool Cabrio) has an agitator & is way better.
              Last edited by Momo; 03-03-2012, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Mine has a stain-treat option and I have been amazed at how well it works. I will check the other settings when I am home and can look at it. Remember, I had one for a year/year and a half and bought another one because I thought it was so good. I haven't had any issues as far as positioning the clothes. I sometimes have to shake out pant legs, and it is possible to overload the machine, but easy to avoid.
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                X