Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Need: comfortable black pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well today while spending 4 hours shoe shopping, I learned why I have a hard time finding comfortable heels. Apparently I'm a size 5 double E (extra wide). I mean I knew my feet were short and fat but I didn't know they were EXTRA short and fat. Gah. I've just always worn a 6 because it was all I could get my foot into. I also learned today that size 5 EE shoes are nearly impossible to find. Zappos carries some but the only remotely cute ones are out of stock.

So anyway, I ended up chickening out on the heels and got flats (size 6, naturally). I got a pair of Anne Klein iflexes which are super comfy but only kind of match my dress so I also scoured the sale rack and found a pair of Audrey Brookes with a little kitten heal that are decently comfortable but not like the AKs. I figure I'll wear the ABs for the first half of the wedding since they match the dress better and AKs for the second half, give my feet the old switcheroo.

And just because I recently downloaded tapatalk and can upload pictures, here ya go:

The AKs -

The ABs -

... Well damn that didn't work did it. I'll try again later.
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Love love love the AKs! They are similar but cuter than the Calvin Kleins I bought Wednesday. Where did you get them?
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Hey the photos finally worked! Although they're huge. I swear I selected "small size" when I uploaded them. Sorry, didn't mean to subject you all to a giant photo of my feet.

V - they're both from DSW actually. The AKs were in the regular part and the ABs were back on the sale racks. But that is not a license to go out and buy them! You bought some just like them two days ago! And I bet they're still in the box! Step away from the shoes V (I kid - if you were a size 5 EE I'd visit Texas just to raid your closet, haha)
        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

But I can return the CKs and get the AKs instead! The AKs will be much more comfortable! I'm sure they will be!
          Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
            And I bet they're still in the box!
            Yes, of course they are still in the box! ha ha! I wear a 9 (sometimes 8 or 8.5 or 9.5 depending on the brand).
            Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
              But I can return the CKs and get the AKs instead! The AKs will be much more comfortable! I'm sure they will be!
              I'm not gonna lie, the AKs are stupid comfortable. And the soles have a lot of grip.

Comment

LSW - as a proud owner of cankles, I have always avoided straps of any kind. Am I being too paranoid?
                Kris

Comment

Ah, good points about the mary janes -- thanks! Straps make my feet feel a bit more secure in a heel, but ironically none of my heels have straps. I guess I haven't found the right pair yet

Comment

http://www.kennethcole.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12253238&cp=3075218.3075225.30 75256

I have these as my "comfy" pumps and can wear them for 4-5hrs and they're fine.

I had CK ones and found them to be too stiff - they didn't have much flex to the sole and killed my feet.

Comment

Working...
                    X