Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Nail polish help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nail polish help

I think Cassy posted a similar thread a while back, but I can't seem to find it My cousin's wedding is in a few weeks, and I need to get my nails done for it. The dress is this one:

In this color:

In one sense, a French manicure always looks nice, but I kind of want something not so boring? Is "classic" always borning? I don't know what I really want

I will add that I won't do anything but a shallac or similar LED/UV long-lasting mani. Can they even do those in a French?
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

I would do something sassy and sparkly (ie gold or silver), but that's just me. You can never go wrong with a French though.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I am anti-french manicure, so I would either go with a neutral color, a metallic, or a shade of blue or green. I love how blues and greens look with red, but I'm also the crazy color lady, so I usually end up with something less traditional and more contrasting.
      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Yes, they can do a french with the shellac stuff. If you have a choice, my manicurist LOVES the new OPI brand shellac; she liked the cnd stuff best before that, but since OPI reformulated a little while back, she says it's better.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
          I would do something sassy and sparkly (ie gold or silver), but that's just me. You can never go wrong with a French though.
          I like sassy and sparkly
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm going to go against the group and say that I think classic French manicures always looks amazing for special events...especially ones that people will be looking at pictures of for many years to come.

Comment

Didn't think about the pictures...hmmm...
              Jen

Comment

Coincidentally, I just got a French manicure with the shellac yesterday. I'm not usually a fan of French manicure, either, but when done well it can be a good look. The over-the-top FMs are kinda too much for my taste, but I like the clean, understated look of a FM that is done to look more natural and less like Las Vegas Whore Claws.

Comment

I'd probably do a sparkly neutral, like a shimmery champagne type thing.
                  Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I like the sparkly champagne idea. Sparkly...... but still classy.
                    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Champagne sounds lovely and yummy

Comment

Working...
                      X