Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

guy shoes - what goes with what (casual)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guy shoes - what goes with what (casual)

We live in Texas so shorts are a must-have. DH has only worn flip flops or sneakers with his shorts. Well, that doesn't work for me anymore if we're dressing up a little (like for church or a semi-nice dinner). We found these shoes at Macy's and bought both tan and black. Are they okay for shorts? Not cargo shorts (he loves them), but nice shorts with a belt and a polo. http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/s...%26slotId%3D13

Please say yes because shopping for mens shoes is painful when your man insists on getting the best price possible and is super-picky.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Have no advice other than I feel ur pain. Dh only wear his Toms with shorts. This morning he had red shorts a light blue top and canvas colored shoes. He looked like a freaking clown.
    I will never understand how they do not love shoes!!
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Could be worse. DrK wants to wear white socks and dress shoes with cargo shorts, button-down Hawaiian shirts tucked in to gym shorts. I have to restrain him from leaving the house dressed like a pervert.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Oh dear. That's bad, MrsK.
        Veronica

Comment

Sorry, dress shoes are not appropriate to wear with shorts. Your only options are flip flops, sandals or sneakers. If the occasion requires dress shoes, suck it up and put on a pair of khaki pants.

Comment

I was going to recommend a pair of deck shoes. Like these but not crocs, http://www.zappos.com/crocs-above-de...e-cocoa-stucco

I'm not much help, my DH wears birks with shorts, that's it.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Maybe some Sperry top-siders? They're still casual, but look nicer than either athletic shoes or flip-flips. Depending in which style you get, they could look great with dressier shorts.

Comment

I'm lucky that when we were dating a friend reminded me that wrinkled shirts could be ironed but a good man is hard to find.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

The only Sperrys he likes are $100. He won't spend it. We're in jeans for church today. Our little boy wears bright green converse all stars to church. LOL.
                  Veronica

Comment

DH has ridiculously giant feet (size 15s are NOT fun to hunt down), so finding things that fit AND look appropriate is sometimes a lesson in futility. I've discovered that if it's something that will fit and last, that $100 is far less expensive than 4 or 5 pairs of shitty-made $30-$40 shoes.

Comment

I should amend my prior rule to include deck shoes. Those would look ok. Also, men older than 70 are exempt; they can do whatever they want.

Comment

BTW - when did it become acceptable for men to wear dark socks with shorts? I often see teen and twenty-something guys doing that now. I must have missed the memo.

Comment

My dude wears black socks with his shorts when he's working out, but they're the super low ones that barely hit the ankle, not long dress socks. Yeah, it bugs, but it is the LEAST of his fashion offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by bobk View Post
                            BTW - when did it become acceptable for men to wear dark socks with shorts? I often see teen and twenty-something guys doing that now. I must have missed the memo.
                            I dunno, but unless you are over 70 it still should be a no-go.
                            Kris

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                              My dude wears black socks with his shorts when he's working out, but they're the super low ones that barely hit the ankle,
                              I do too, but only because my running shoes are black with neon green trim. White socks look odd (so I bought black ones). LOL

The "driving mocs" looked fine with his jeans and polo to church. Whew! At our parish you see more cowboy boots (large hispanic and rural population) than dress shoes. Maybe I'll be able to find the boat shoes he likes on sale. Persistence pays off (usually).
                              Veronica

Comment

Working...
                              X