Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dress advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress advice?

I'm going to my college roommate's wedding this weekend. I'm going by myself, and it's likely I will only know the bride (ugh).

I'm thinking about wearing a short cocktail dress that's black with red roses. Thin straps, sequined waist. It's pretty, but I'm worried it's too "winter" for a July wedding. The wedding starts at 6:30 and is in a museum, FWIW.

What do you all think? Appropriate? Would a summery skirt and top be better? I'll try to add a picture here in a little bit.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Ok, this is from last Christmas. Third from left (obviously). I'd skip the sweater and tights (probably also obviously).
    Last edited by oceanchild; 07-10-2012, 08:27 AM. Reason: Removing picture from public forum.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Cute dress! I don't think it's too wintery at all! Especially for what appears to be a fairly formal venue. Have fun!!!
      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Very pretty! I think it will work well.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Thanks. Does it make any difference that the wedding website says "dressy casual" (which I just noticed)?

Maybe I should just wear a cotton sundress.

Comment

Dress sounds totally appropriate, especially since it's in the evening at a museum. Hope you have a wonderful time And I agree with Lily, gold over silver.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
              Also for kicks if you have a small red brocade cocktail purse ( I do!) it would be cute to throw in a small nod of color. Not necessary but it would be nice. Alternately use a bright metallic clutch. Gold over silver.
              Thanks, Lily. I chickened out on it for this wedding, but there's another in a few weeks. I need a good mini purse anyway and would love to find one in red!

Comment

Working...
              X