Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Interview attire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview attire

DH has a one day interview in a few weeks. He's scheduled to be at the hospital at 7am. Meetings/interviews with various doctors in the practice throughout the day and then an early dinner at 5PM. Does he need a change of clothes for the dinner? It sounds like they are expecting him to go straight from the hospital to dinner since it's so early.

My DH only wore his suit to interviews.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Remind me again of his specialty? I'm sorry - I forget! DH needed to wear scrubs to the hospital part of his visits because they took him to the OR. It wouldn't hurt to call the secretary and ask if there's a chance he would need to be wearing something else. Otherwise, it's probably safest to just wear his suit.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Depends on the dinner. At one interview, DH had the same suit for everything. At another, there was about an hour break between the hospital stuff and the dinner and DH got to go back to the room and change shirts/ditch the tie...with the suit. Doesn't sound like your DH will get much of a break - so, I say ditch the tie or jacket if he notices that the dinner is at a more casual place and he feels overdressed.
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Thanks! I emailed the practice's secretary (emailed as DH) about the schedule. He's in neurology but meeting with neurosurgeons and radiologists. I have no idea where they're taking him for dinner but hopefully it will be on the schedule so we can figure out if a change of clothes is in order.

Comment

I asked, and the husband said if the dinner was directly after the interview he wore his suit, and if he was sent back to the hotel in between, he changed into a jacket and tie. Good luck!
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
            X