Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Electric toothbrushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric toothbrushes

They seemed to be the trendy thing to get a few years ago. Does anyone have one that they love? I'm thinking of getting one for DH.
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

If I could, I'd marry my Sonicare.

Comment

If I were looking for one today, I would look for a base that is easy to clean. Mine gets weird gunk where the handle attaches to the recharger base, and it's awkwardly shaped so it's hard to wipe off, and I've been hoping it dies to I can get one that's easier to keep clean.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We also have Philips Sonicare - no idea which model though I'm sure they don't make it anymore. We've had it for EONS and just keep buying heads for it, LOVE it! Though I'm going to a new dentist on the 10th we'll see if he likes it as much as I do.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We have the weird gunk that collects in our charger, too. Our house cleaner cleans it for us every time, which is nice for us but toooootally gross for her...
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
            We have the weird gunk that collects in our charger, too. Our house cleaner cleans it for us every time, which is nice for us but toooootally gross for her...
            I have tried to teach DH how to NOT get this. We have braun/oral b electric toothbrushes, and mine NEVER gets that gunk at the base, and his tends to. The difference? I spend 10 seconds after EVERY TIME I BRUSH just rinsing the top of the brush thoroughly (I take the brush head off and run water through it, too). NEVER have to clean the base.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Just purchased a Sonicare at Target and tried it out. I'm impressed so far. For couples, do you share, switch out the heads each time, or have separate units?

Comment

Originally posted by bobk View Post
                Just purchased a Sonicare at Target and tried it out. I'm impressed so far. For couples, do you share, switch out the heads each time, or have separate units?
                we actually have three bases (one stays in my travel kit and gets swapped out with my main one occasionally so it does get charged up); we used to have separate bathrooms, so sharing a base then wasn't an option (and I think Costco's package was two bases anyway).
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Does it do a better job? What's the advantage to having an electric brush over a manual?
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I just have a cheapo oral b spin brush and it definitely gets my teeth cleaner!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
                    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I got DH a Philips sonicare and he likes it...not sure about the base gunk issue others are having since I haven't ventured to use it yet. We do have a second brush head so eventually I'll start using his base also.

Comment

I do thoroughly rinse the head, I promise! I do put it away wet, though, which I think leads to the gunk.
                        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I love my electric toothbrush. We have the sonic care. My dentist says he has noticed a difference.
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
                            I do thoroughly rinse the head, I promise! I do put it away wet, though, which I think leads to the gunk.
                            Julie, yeah I don't get the gunk when I wipe off the excess water.

Comment

We have one base and switch out the heads.
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X