Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Electric toothbrushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poky View Post
    ...and I think Costco's package was two bases anyway).
    yep! The Costco pack is a good deal when they have them featured in their coupon booklet! (2 handles, 2 charging bases & I think 2 or 4brush heads)

Comment

My German hubby rinses the heads on both of ours. We do put them back in wet, though, too.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I paid attention to what I do, this morning. I hold the head under the faucet for a few seconds, then I turn it on and let it vibrate while under the running faucet for a few seconds, then I take the head off and run each part under the faucet for a few seconds, then I shake both parts to reduce excess water, then I put them together and put it back on the charging base. Could be the running it, could be the shaking? Combination?
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I've had the Sonic for about six weeks now and am still happy with it. I haven't noticed any problem with gunk collecting either. Two thing I've learned along the way:

1. Don't forget to turn it off before removing it from your mouth when finished. I failed at this several times out of habit. The splatter is rather dramatic.

2. Charge it regularly. The Sonic has a green light that flashes a few times when you turn it off. I expected it to flash in a different pattern or color when it need charging, but no. Once I finally did charge it, I realized how ineffective it had gotten.

Comment

Poky - I think it's the taking the toothbrush head off and running water through it that does the trick. I started doing that several weeks ago (thanks to your post!) and I haven't had any gunk since! So, thank you!
            Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Originally posted by Urowife View Post
              Poky - I think it's the taking the toothbrush head off and running water through it that does the trick. I started doing that several weeks ago (thanks to your post!) and I haven't had any gunk since! So, thank you!
              Woo! Glad I could help.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Lol, I've been studiously wiping mine down every time I use it ever since I read this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X