Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fall wedding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall wedding!

Hello Fashionistas! I'm attending a fall wedding in October. It's outside. The wedding and reception. It starts at 3. It's already in the high 60's...so it'll be cooler than that, in a few weeks. It's a country wedding. The bride and bridesmaids are wearing knee length dresses with cowgirl boots. The decorations are pumpkins/mums and candles. (that's about all I know )
    So....dress pants? Sweater? Dress? Boots? Help a girl out.
    D boobs. 12-14 size. Curvy
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Who the hell has an outdoor wedding in fucking October?!

Comment

Lol!!!! Hearty burley people?!
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

People in Texas. Ha ha!
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Who the hell has an outdoor wedding in fucking October?!

I did!!!! We got married outside, next to the river, in November. There is a gazebo next to the river and that was the Chuppa!!! DH wore new jeans and a sport coat, I wore a sweater and skirt, changed into jeans after the ceremony. I think there were only 12 people there. Later that evening we had a party at our house that we had just moved into the week before.

Sorry for the hijack!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

People in Texas. Ha ha!
            Yep!

Sweaterdress?
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              Yep!

Sweaterdress?
              I was totally thinking sweater dress too, but that is my favorite fall outfit. *slinking away from the fashion questions, as I am not qualified whatsoever*
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

That's a tough one! I'd say sweater dress, tights, knee-high boots. Or knee-length dress/skirt, long cardigan, tights, boots.

ETA: Don't forget a cute, colorful scarf!
                Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I'm going with MsSassy's second suggestion...

Comment

Oh my goodness, that sounds like so much fun!!!
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Can I kind of hijack? We have a wedding to go to 10/6, formal catholic wedding, reception at a Westin. I bought this dress

http://www.shopmama.com/products2.cf...0285/c/dresses

Then we were asked to be IN the wedding, taking up the gifts. Can I still wear it? With what shoes/hose, etc??
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Syl, I know a couple that had a wedding like that in AZ last year and lots of people wore dark denim with boots. Since it will be chilly where you are you could do a riding jacket and nice blouse. Not sure a dress is necessary given theme and location. Still sounds like a blast and so beautiful
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                          Syl, I know a couple that had a wedding like that in AZ last year and lots of people wore dark denim with boots. Since it will be chilly where you are you could do a riding jacket and nice blouse. Not sure a dress is necessary given theme and location. Still sounds like a blast and so beautiful
                          I like the idea of the riding jacket! But I'm a dork for all things equestrian.
                          Kris

Comment

Kris, same here. I don't ride but I like to look like I do

Comment

SS, I think so, it's formal enough for mass and I think that is what really counts
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X