Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Was worried this might happen....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had to google her too, and found this: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...-2012162/20834
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Sorry Jdaz, good pants are hard to find My favorite pair were passed down from my mom and were made for her by my dad.

Comment

DD, have you read Michael K's entries about her one Dlisted? He makes me pee my pants

Comment

No, but I'll have to check it out. She is just sooooo weird. And if she is truly 18, WTF happened in her childhood to create such an over sexualized fame monger?

Comment

Think about how much stress your DH is under during this process. If he thinks you should dress business casual the entire time, just do it. Why have him worried about whether or not your clothing is appropriate? I also think you can find great dress clothes at Goodwill - they often have less ware than casual clothing.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I'm a fan of Banana Republic or J. Crew for dress pants if I am looking for good materials (actual wool) and tailoring. For more everyday black pants the Limited or Express usually comes through. I agree that business casual is probably the way to go for all this. If you're more comfortable in dresses, though, there's nothing wrong with that! Just think about whether they're dresses you would wear to an office rather than to a cocktail party. You could pair a dress or pencil skirt you already have with tights, flats or boots, and a cardigan or jacket.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

BTW - Kohl's has some cute flats that have good arch support. I have wonky feet, too, but flats with arch support are usually OK.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                  BTW - Kohl's has some cute flats that have good arch support. I have wonky feet, too, but flats with arch support are usually OK.
                  Really? Awesome! I hate buying shoes because normally anything that is remotely cute and has support is crazy expensive.

Anyhow - so I ended up finding pretty cute black pants at Nordstrom. Michael Kors - and they were so inexpensive (like 70 compared to around 200 at jcrew). I bought two pairs - one that looks a bit more like suit pants and another more cigarette cut (which I like better, but honestly don't look much more business casual than my indigo skinny jeans).

I also went a little crazy and splurged on a beautiful DVF 3/4 sleeve black dress. I think it will look great with boots during the day (or for a more casual dinner) or would look great with heels for something more formal. (I could wear to Christmas parties, maybe even work). I just kind of fell in love and bought it... so hopefully it works.

They really don't have much in terms of fall/winter clothes out yet here which surprised me. Jcrew still had shorts that weren't on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                    Think about how much stress your DH is under during this process. If he thinks you should dress business casual the entire time, just do it. Why have him worried about whether or not your clothing is appropriate? .
                    Very good point!

Comment

Working...
                    X